Men's euphemism & saddle issues

mjr

Re: Men's euphemism & saddle issues

Post by mjr »

Tangled Metal wrote:What effects do saddles have on male genitalia and their function?

None whatsoever, unless your saddle is wrong. There is quite some embarrassment about discussing this, so there probably are disappointingly many people using saddles that are wrong for them and their bike.

Conversely, there definitely are disappointing many snake-oil salespeople willing to exploit this fear and discomfort to sell products that probably do nothing good and if any help anyone, it's probably some sort of a side-effect. As someone who did a bit of a loop through a gallery of saddles before settling on some that are either saddle-shaped or sprung-surfaced (including leather hammock-style), I'm almost angry at some of the junk that is sold with pseudomedical arguments.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Psamathe

Re: Men's euphemism & saddle issues

Post by Psamathe »

Revitalising an old thread to add some info (as it was useful to me over the weekend and thanks to another forum member for some reassurance through PMs).

Got home from a 30 mile ride on Sat and had a pee and ... Ribena(TM) and it is scary. Dr Google, then followed NHS 111's instructions going to Walk-In Centre, not an infection, see GP. And amazingly saw GP within 1 hr of calling them Mon morning and finger check of prostate and nothing to concern them (but they might consider a PSA test given my age and experience).

So when it happens I found it really scary but I guess the symptom does not always mean the worst.

Interestingly, whilst I had a couple of Ribena(TM) pees, a few hours later urine colour was back to normal so whatever tunes were damaged healed-up quickly.

interestingly Walk-In Centre said it was either prostate or could be a small kidney stone. But GP said not a kidney stone as anything small enough not to cause pain would not damage the tubes to cause bleeding.

Ian