Eighty is a perfectly sensible age . . . Just keep pedalling

Morzedec

Re: Eighty is a perfectly sensible age . . . Just keep pedalling

Post by Morzedec »

Trouble is, Mick F, you've got Raleigh Choppers on the brain.

Name me another cyclist over 60 (apart, that is, from me, and then you have to add ten to that figure) who can regularly get up Gunny Hill without getting off to push.

I was in France again just before Christmas, riding one rotten wet and windy day, and my 'better half' was struggling in the conditions - perhaps inevitably we had been slowed down but had to get home, and the long day ended at 128 kilometres. Not bad, I thought afterwards, for a woman of her age - then remembered that she is fifteen years younger than I am.

It was sunny the following morning, so we went out for a ride to loosen up.

Some silly blighter bet me a gin and tonic at Christmastime that I wouldn't ride down to his home in La Rochelle next week (Feb 12th). The ferry's booked.

regards to all,

Cross-Channel.jpg
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Well, as a mere 66-yo, I feel as if I'm barely out of nappies compared to some of you. But Robert Marchand is the guy to aspire to. If he can do it at 105....
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Andy3460

Post by Andy3460 »

"There are three stages of ageing. Child, adult and, "You're looking very well. I said, you're looking very well."" - Barry Cryer.

Well into the second stage now, and hoping the cycling and looking at what I eat and drink better will get me plenty of time in the third stage.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my XT1068 using hovercraft full of eels.
oldmanonabike

Post by oldmanonabike »

Reading my forum name may give the impression that I am elderly but this is far from the truth.
Old Man often shortened to OM is how we ham radio enthusiasts address each other, and that's were it comes from.
I was born in April 1947 and no matter how you count the decades I'm not old :D
I'm not getting older,just gaining more experience