Research - Disordered Eating Behaviours and Body Image Perceptions among UK Cyclists

m.chad.diet

Research - Disordered Eating Behaviours and Body Image Perceptions among UK Cyclists

Post by m.chad.diet »

Hello everyone,

I am a final year dietetics student at Leeds Beckett University. I am conducting research into disordered eating behaviours and body image perceptions among UK cyclists as my final year research project and I am currently recruiting participants to complete my survey. If you are over 16 years of age and currently cycle in the UK then please take ten minutes to participate.

Survey link - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/TMH7NRC

The survey is 58 questions divided into 3 sections (participant information, eating behaviours, and body image perception). The vast majority of the questions require tick-box answers and although there is quite a large number of questions, the survey should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete.

All participants will be entered into a prize draw to win a £20 voucher for http://www.wiggle.co.uk which will be drawn on completion of data collection.

If you have any questions regarding the survey please contact myself via email m.chadwick7557@student.leedsbeckett.ac.uk (alternative contacts are provided on the introduction page of the survey).

Thank you

Michael
geomannie

Re: Research - Disordered Eating Behaviours and Body Image Perceptions among UK Cyclists

Post by geomannie »

I will consider filling in your survey if you are happy to accept an anonymous response. The questions you ask are very personnal and I imagine that many people would rather that their names were not associated with the survey, even if the data are anonymised.

You OK with this? The £20 prize draw is neither here nor there.
geomannie
ianrobo

Re: Research - Disordered Eating Behaviours and Body Image Perceptions among UK Cyclists

Post by ianrobo »

I think this is important and will give details, as to poster below, give false details and that would sort the issue out !
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

I entered anonymously and with a redundant email address. I'm not sure my answers will be that helpful as the eating disorder questions are quite extreme and the body image stuff isn't much of an issue with me.

Got me thinking that maybe I need more body fat goals though. I could easily shed a kilo if I cut my hair and shaved.
Last edited by Heltor Chasca on 24 Jan 2017, 6:42pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spinners

Post by Spinners »

Done.

Food for thought :wink:
Cycling UK Life Member
PBP Ancien (2007)