cycling into old age

cyclop

Re: cycling into old age

Post by cyclop »

cycleruk wrote:We have a sub-group in our Club go by the name of the Remoulds.
Generally retired and the oldest is around the 80 mark. Some people moan that we are to fast and won't ride with us. :roll:
But we are not proud and will let the youngsters tag along if they want.
Group moto - Ride hard or Ride home alone. :wink:

I also ride with the "old boys".Had an away day on thurs,a demanding 65miler with 6000ft of climbing.A newbie joined us who,although a fit man,hit the wall at the top of Nenthead in cumbria.No way was he getting over Hartside so I volunteered to return to Brampton via the valley from Alston with him.Someone said"started together so we,ll finish together".We all enjoyed the ride home;leaving a rider stranded is an alien concept to us.I,m sure your motto isn,t meant literally,sounds like a gentle reminder to warn folk to be fit before riding with your group.
fredN4

Post by fredN4 »

I am 76 and cycled up Le Ventoux last week. Keep at it!
bigjim

Post by bigjim »

I'm 69 in a couple of weeks. Rode a club 90miler on Sunday. The guy in front of me is 72.
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

I'm still cycling my age in miles every birthday, did 64 miles in 4 hrs last time out (though I'm actually 61)

Last 'Trivets' 100 miler I joined saw an 80+yr old complete it on tandem with his 60+yr old daughter.

Anyone done the age/birthday challenge into their 90's - it's still my ambition
daveanmucker

Post by daveanmucker »

77 and still cycling, however it gets harder to get the fitness back after a lay off, when been away doing other things. Just have to accept that will be a bit slower and maybe an extra cafe stop. But no need to give up it's got to be doing good and still enjoyable even if everyone seems to pass you.