Diverticulitis/diverticulosis

ianrobo

Re: Diverticulitis/diverticulosis

Postby ianrobo » 29 Oct 2017, 3:18pm

horizon wrote:May I ask if any of the sufferers are vegetarian (I'm not trying to make a point by the way)?

Thats an interesting point as I came across some postings on this on another forum I am a member of. Basically someone had it serious and stopped eating nuts (they were vegan) and the condition relented. Problem was they had to resort to fake foods to get protein and eventually went back to meat.

brynpoeth

Postby brynpoeth » 30 Oct 2017, 1:59pm

ianrobo wrote:
horizon wrote:May I ask if any of the sufferers are vegetarian (I'm not trying to make a point by the way)?
I

Thats an interesting point as I came across some postings on this on another forum I am a member of. Basically someone had it serious and stopped eating nuts (they were vegan) and the condition relented. Problem was they had to resort to fake foods to get protein and eventually went back to meat.

What are fake foods?
Cycling? Of course, but it's far better on a Gillott

ianrobo

Postby ianrobo » 1 Nov 2017, 5:08pm

brynpoeth wrote:
ianrobo wrote:
I

What are fake foods?

for example Quorn food burgers and sausages, not real food, not vegetable or meat or fruit but something processed and manufactured from numerous 'ingredients'.

softlips

Postby softlips » 1 Nov 2017, 7:23pm

It's definitely much less of an issue in vegetarians and vegans due to the higher fibre intake of such individuals.