Cycling to lose weight

mjr

Re: Cycling to loose weight

Postby mjr » 12 Feb 2018, 10:34am

mjr wrote:Can I be the first to suggest the My Fitness Pal that seems to get a lot of love on this forum? It sounds sane but I've never used it because it's not in my app store though :lol:

Now broken in android 4 or earlier, see
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=93100&start=195#p1207789
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.

Flinders

Re: Cycling to lose weight

Postby Flinders » 12 Feb 2018, 4:39pm

ianrobo wrote:You would not lose that as muscle loss after being ill for a few days, likely that is all water loss

Possibly. But not necessarily.
I lost 3/4 of a stone during 5 days in hospital for surgery (which didn't take out anything of any weight, and I'd had before without losing any weight). I was very well hydrated, and was, of course, not taking exercise. It was pure stress. It stayed off for months, as the stress remained due to the problems I'd experienced in the hospital, so again, definitely not water. I can easily lose a couple of pounds, and not merely temporarily, if I'm under severe stress for a few days, despite still eating normally and keeping my fluid intake up.
Humans vary...... :|