Cycling to lose weight

LillianVaughanws

Re: Cycling to lose weight

Postby LillianVaughanws » 21 Aug 2020, 6:57pm

jetpilot wrote:I have been cycling for many years now and I think its not great to reduce weight, not sure what it is really. It does keep me healthy and sane, most importantly. But for some reason, it does not help me lose weight like say running or hiking.

I can say from my own experience that not only a bicycle helped me lose weight. As we all know, 80% is all depending on what you eat and how much you eat. This is why I did cycling as cardio and only for fun. As for the nutrition part, I did not know how to do this right and I bought the program from https://www.modernfit.com/food/how-to-o ... carb-diet/. It is called Noom. Noom is a program that revolves around meal planning, fitness tracking, and motivational life coaching. It was time changing for me.
Last edited by LillianVaughanws on 30 Aug 2020, 2:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

pwa

Re: Cycling to lose weight

Postby pwa » 22 Aug 2020, 7:14pm

I get loads of exercise, at work and at leisure, but I am still a bit overweight. You can't overcome the effects of overeating with exercise. You need to adjust your diet and then exercise. And if you have to prioritise one of those, diet comes first. Exercise helps, of course.