ROLLED ANKLE

malvandy

ROLLED ANKLE

Post by malvandy »

Did it a week ago, very painful & swollen at first. It has improved a lot with swelling almost gone now, however it is still a bit tender when walking at a brisk pace for a short while. What I want to know is , can I jump onto the bike for a spin. Feel I am loosing a lot of my fitness, or could it be more damaging . I was hoping that keeping of any stiff climbs might be ok.
531colin

Re: ROLLED ANKLE

Post by 531colin »

Try it for 20 minutes.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
If you can walk on it then cycling will do no harm but limit standing out of saddle.
Having suffered unstable ankles all my life, I do physiotherapy every day, which basically is standing on one leg.

[youtube]FhzpcMo8pbk[/youtube]

Plenty of rehabilitation exercises out there.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

I rolled/strained my ankle on the way back from Santander on the ferry and walking was painful but cycling was fine. I injured my right ankle and I unclip with my right foot so use my left to put initial pressure on the pedals with my left so didn't suffer that much pain. The doctor wasn't too impressed when I saw him a few days after injuring it and told him I was fine cycling.
softlips

Post by softlips »

Use it, just take it steady for a week or too.

I'm extreamly flat footed and used to go over on my ankles several times a year. The local hospital used to put me in plaster for a month every time. This went on for years and used to happen more and more.

Then when it happened when I was manager of the operating theatres at a private hospital. One of the surgeons was internationally known for treating athletes especially world class footballers. When he saw the plaster, he immediately said get that off and ordered regular ice, physio and told me to use it as much as possible. Once recovered orthotic insoles have meant I've only done it two or three times in the last 20 years!