Ultra distance cycling book

matt2matt2002

Ultra distance cycling book

Post by matt2matt2002 »

Anyone bought the above book by Simon Jobson?
Always looking for tips on improving my Cycling times and efficiency.
2017 Ethiopia.5 weeks.
2018 Marrakech 2 weeks.
2023 Thailand 8 weeks.
Always on a Thorn Raven/Rohloff hub.
PH

Re: Ultra distance cycling book

Post by PH »

Not come across it but it seems to be aimed at those training for a specific type of cycling, is that what you want?
If you haven't already read it, I can recommend the Long Distance Cyclists' Handbook, which has lots of practical information along with training plans for various goals.
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

PH wrote:Not come across it but it seems to be aimed at those training for a specific type of cycling, is that what you want?
If you haven't already read it, I can recommend the Long Distance Cyclists' Handbook, which has lots of practical information along with training plans for various goals.

+1 for this book which I have found incredibly useful.

I tried a Kindle sample of this new book in the OP, but it was a poor representation of what MIGHT be in the book. So I'll wait until the price goes down before I reconsider.
mnichols

Post by mnichols »

Nope, but just downloaded a sample to my kindle. If it's any good I'll buy it
horizon

Post by horizon »

PH wrote:If you haven't already read it, I can recommend the Long Distance Cyclists' Handbook, which has lots of practical information along with training plans for various goals.

Thanks PH, I've just ordered a s/h copy.
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

PH wrote:Not come across it but it seems to be aimed at those training for a specific type of cycling, is that what you want?

I can reach out and touch my copy without swivelling the chair. Also Burke & Pavelka's Long-Distance Cycling.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
matt2matt2002

Post by matt2matt2002 »

Is that the one by Simon Doughty?
2017 Ethiopia.5 weeks.
2018 Marrakech 2 weeks.
2023 Thailand 8 weeks.
Always on a Thorn Raven/Rohloff hub.
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

matt2matt2002 wrote:

Is that the one by Simon Doughty?

It is. Brilliant book. I think I paid just over £2.80 SH for mine.