FEELS LIKE ONE LEG CYCLING

malvandy

FEELS LIKE ONE LEG CYCLING

Post by malvandy »

I know we all have one leg stronger than the other, in my case the stronger is the right. For many years pre hip replacement I protected my left leg bearing most of the weight to the good side, my right. This continued post op for obvious reasons. I would calculate that it took a good year before the full load was shared by both legs. Now 5 years later I can feel the strain in my right leg more than the left after a longish ride. It's as though most of the load bearing has been taken by my right side again. On a bike ride I have to mentally force myself to push down harder on the left leg. I don't have one of those fancy pressure pads on my pedals so can't work out the difference in the pressure being exerted left & right. No idea why this is happening.
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: FEELS LIKE ONE LEG CYCLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Has physiotherapist diagnosed any problem with muscles / nerves?

I also have one stronger leg its actually got more muscle too..............visible, does not affect me, suffered back problems for years so it could be a nerve problem.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
malvandy

Post by malvandy »

Bang on, I have an appointment with a physiotherapist in the near future. It could well be a trapped nerve or something like. No silver bullet though, probably have to live with it.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Thing about a physiotherapist is that they will diagnose and isolate that weakness, if there is one..........very quickly.
Works for me, yours cannot be unusual to them for sure.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.