Food, fitness and cycling

ianrobo
Posts: 419
Joined: 12 Jan 2017, 9:52pm

Food, fitness and cycling

Postby ianrobo » 9 Dec 2017, 5:49pm

So over a few threads on here I have talked about different health markers and how I think some conventional medicine is totally wrong. Obviously some people think with no medical background I can not say this, so let me provide evidence.

Old (wrong) convention states if you eat too much saturated fat, you get fat, somehow fat makes fat in your body. Well I have been keto for 18 months now, and let me provide you with the stats from a medical exam I had on Friday. Now of course I do a lot of cycling but when you see this, then surely I eat up to 300g of fat a day so according to dieticians I should be on verge of heart attack.

So for the fitness my lung capacity is average but my Vo2 Max has increased from 39 (about 14 months ago) to 47 now which on their charts if off the scale for a man of 45.

and these are my bloods

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 17.06.00.png


So a few things to note, the trig values, thats fat in the blood, massively low, well how can that be if I eat all that dangerous fat ????

The cholesterol markers, well if you believe it matters (and I do not ) look at them, pretty well damn perfect

Blood sugar, very low - no shock there ...

So in conclusion if you have high diabetes /t2d stop eating the carb crap like bread/wheat etc it is only making you sick and then have to take insulin to bring down the BS. Now funny discussed this with the Doc and she agreed and the medical profession is coming around, dieticians are liars and being influenced by their donors who ware big carb companies like Kelloggs etc.

If you are taking Statins, then more fool you, you take them for little benefit and side effects. Stop taking them and go LCHF/Keto .... trust me do that and you will see a wonderful change !!!

Now of course some can not give up their bread, their pasta, their bread etc but if you want to be healthier, fitter and have a chance later in life, what you got to lose by changing your diet ?

User avatar
barrym
Posts: 633
Joined: 22 Jun 2012, 10:05am
Location: Corsham - North Wilts

Re: Food, fitness and cycling

Postby barrym » 9 Dec 2017, 6:38pm

+1

<100g carbs per day. Usually nearer 70. Poor by some folks standards.

If you are interested in LCHF take a look over at diabetes.co.uk where there's a forum dedicated totally to the subject.

Stopped stations some months ago. Refusing BP meds, poor almost non existent evidence that the guide line BP actually is beneficial. Very high, I think is conclusively bad.

YMMV
--
Cheers
Barry

ianrobo
Posts: 419
Joined: 12 Jan 2017, 9:52pm

Re: Food, fitness and cycling

Postby ianrobo » 9 Dec 2017, 7:26pm

barrym wrote:+1

<100g carbs per day. Usually nearer 70. Poor by some folks standards.

If you are interested in LCHF take a look over at diabetes.co.uk where there's a forum dedicated totally to the subject.

Stopped stations some months ago. Refusing BP meds, poor almost non existent evidence that the guide line BP actually is beneficial. Very high, I think is conclusively bad.

YMMV


excellent Barry and have you seen improvements by this both the figures and how you feel.

BTW my BP was 127/75 both left and right arms ... bang on in their perfect zone.

I would say under 100g a day is LCHF, under 50 or 10% of total calories (depending on what you read) is Keto

User avatar
barrym
Posts: 633
Joined: 22 Jun 2012, 10:05am
Location: Corsham - North Wilts

Re: Food, fitness and cycling

Postby barrym » 9 Dec 2017, 8:23pm

Difficult to say whether I feel better or not because so much else going on. All I know is we ain't designed for carbs! Cultivated grass seeds (grain) only been around for about 4 thousand years. Only the blink of an eye in evolution. There wasn't any obesity until people swapped cooked breakfast for muesli and the slippery slope of crisps, dunkin' donuts, and all the other high carbs that are normal now. There's a scarry graph somewhere that shows the north American changes in obesity over the last 50 or so years after Time magazine published the now seen as flawed, research on cholesterol, when everyone was told to eat carbs not fat. What a disaster!
--
Cheers
Barry

ianrobo
Posts: 419
Joined: 12 Jan 2017, 9:52pm

Re: Food, fitness and cycling

Postby ianrobo » 9 Dec 2017, 9:03pm

barrym wrote:Difficult to say whether I feel better or not because so much else going on. All I know is we ain't designed for carbs! Cultivated grass seeds (grain) only been around for about 4 thousand years. Only the blink of an eye in evolution. There wasn't any obesity until people swapped cooked breakfast for muesli and the slippery slope of crisps, dunkin' donuts, and all the other high carbs that are normal now. There's a scarry graph somewhere that shows the north American changes in obesity over the last 50 or so years after Time magazine published the now seen as flawed, research on cholesterol, when everyone was told to eat carbs not fat. What a disaster!


Totally and even Ancel Keys show as the father of this theory was later in life recanting his stuff about cholesterol.

Carbs are easy release energy, there for an emergency not as a permanent way of living.

mercalia
Posts: 8501
Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 10:03pm
Location: london South

Re: Food, fitness and cycling

Postby mercalia » 16 Dec 2017, 11:13am

so what do you have for breakfast if not bread or Kellogs? bacon and eggs?

brynpoeth
Posts: 6508
Joined: 30 Nov 2013, 11:26am

Re: Food, fitness and cycling

Postby brynpoeth » 16 Dec 2017, 11:20am

Porridge, what else?

There were fat people in "primitive" societies I think, being fat was a sign of success and status
Cycling? Of course, but it is far better on a Gillott.. Alternative facts welcome

mercalia
Posts: 8501
Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 10:03pm
Location: london South

Re: Food, fitness and cycling

Postby mercalia » 16 Dec 2017, 3:49pm

brynpoeth wrote:Porridge, what else?

There were fat people in "primitive" societies I think, being fat was a sign of success and status


isnt that still carbo's?

brynpoeth
Posts: 6508
Joined: 30 Nov 2013, 11:26am

Re: Food, fitness and cycling

Postby brynpoeth » 16 Dec 2017, 3:52pm

mercalia wrote:
brynpoeth wrote:Porridge, what else?

There were fat people in "primitive" societies I think, being fat was a sign of success and status


isnt that still carbo's?


Yes of course, oats are complicated carbohydrates that are released (turned into energy) slowly
Last edited by brynpoeth on 16 Dec 2017, 3:53pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cycling? Of course, but it is far better on a Gillott.. Alternative facts welcome

mercalia
Posts: 8501
Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 10:03pm
Location: london South

Re: Food, fitness and cycling

Postby mercalia » 16 Dec 2017, 3:53pm

ianrobo wrote:
barrym wrote:Difficult to say whether I feel better or not because so much else going on. All I know is we ain't designed for carbs! Cultivated grass seeds (grain) only been around for about 4 thousand years. Only the blink of an eye in evolution. There wasn't any obesity until people swapped cooked breakfast for muesli and the slippery slope of crisps, dunkin' donuts, and all the other high carbs that are normal now. There's a scarry graph somewhere that shows the north American changes in obesity over the last 50 or so years after Time magazine published the now seen as flawed, research on cholesterol, when everyone was told to eat carbs not fat. What a disaster!


Totally and even Ancel Keys show as the father of this theory was later in life recanting his stuff about cholesterol.

Carbs are easy release energy, there for an emergency not as a permanent way of living.


https://www.uncommonwisdomdaily.com/government-finally-admits-it-was-wrong-about-cholesterol-20213

"dietary cholesterol NOT affect blood cholesterol levels,"

?

The History of the Cholestrol Theory
"THE MEETING OF SCIENCE AND POLITICAL INFLUENCE"
http://drgillfillannutrition.com/the-cholesterol-theory/
Last edited by mercalia on 16 Dec 2017, 4:01pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
TrevA
Posts: 1799
Joined: 1 Jun 2007, 9:12pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Food, fitness and cycling

Postby TrevA » 16 Dec 2017, 3:54pm

mercalia wrote:
brynpoeth wrote:Porridge, what else?

There were fat people in "primitive" societies I think, being fat was a sign of success and status


isnt that still carbo's?


Yes, a LCHF breakfast would be a Full English - bacon, egg, sausage, mushroom, tomato, black pudding, etc or an omelette.

User avatar
barrym
Posts: 633
Joined: 22 Jun 2012, 10:05am
Location: Corsham - North Wilts

Re: Food, fitness and cycling

Postby barrym » 16 Dec 2017, 3:56pm

TrevA wrote:
mercalia wrote:
brynpoeth wrote:Porridge, what else?

There were fat people in "primitive" societies I think, being fat was a sign of success and status


isnt that still carbo's?


Yes, a LCHF breakfast would be a Full English - bacon, egg, sausage, mushroom, tomato, black pudding, etc or an omelette.


But why does everyone add baked beans now?
--
Cheers
Barry

ianrobo
Posts: 419
Joined: 12 Jan 2017, 9:52pm

Re: Food, fitness and cycling

Postby ianrobo » 17 Dec 2017, 6:47pm

barrym wrote:
TrevA wrote:
mercalia wrote:
isnt that still carbo's?


Yes, a LCHF breakfast would be a Full English - bacon, egg, sausage, mushroom, tomato, black pudding, etc or an omelette.


But why does everyone add baked beans now?


because been sold that by heinz, basically they are just beans covered in a sugary sauce ....