Private physio for bad back- update

Canuk

Re: Private physio for bad back- update

Post by Canuk »

I don't have a bad back per se, but I have muscle damage in the Trapezoid which my consultant says will likely never get any better. I'm fine as long as I don't stress my back in any one position for any length of time. To that end I've learned to stretch about if that's been the case, because the alternative is: sickening, searing pain that leaves me doubled over and normally confined to bed for 48 hrs.

I've tried everything, from pilates to gym work to kettle bells, stretching, the lot. Nothing works. Recently after a bad bout I was encouraged to go to a local acupuncturist who uses the Dr. TAN method. I was nothing short of amazed, after the second needle went in the pain was completely gone and I was able to go the entire week pain free, without any medication whatsoever.

Normally my recovery from a bout like this would be 2-3 weeks witj lots of painkillers, which do me no good at all. The sessions are quite cheap, about 25 euro for 40mins and the pain relief is incredibly good. I've sent a colleague of mine there who suffers chronic sciatic pain and he's been very impressed with the results also.
It's not a cure for my weak back, but it's been a godsend in terms of pain relief and rapid recovery.