How to get fit again

oldmanonabike

Re: How to get fit again

Post by oldmanonabike »

Just reread this and decided to give an up date.
My training went well but my family seemed to think I was being overambitious so they bought me an electric bike for Lejog.
Meanwhile my 5year old saddle started to feel uncomfortable so I started looking for a replacement,
Noticing blood in my urine sent me hurrying to see my GP. Tests showed I had Prostate cancer.
Could being uncomfortable in the saddle be due to that rather than Saddle wear?
I decided to continue with Lejog as it wasn't going to slow my treatment.
Days 1-3 were among the the best cycling rides I have had ,great route and making new friends.
Day four I collided with a kerb followed closely with colliding with a concrete path.
After shouting and screaming for a short while I found the bike was undamaged so I decided to carry on.
Forty miles later I gave up and my fellow riders called our backup vehicle and my Lejog ride was over although due to the kindness of our backup ladies I was taken to a hospital where I was diagnosed with broken ribs and badly bruised hip .
It was only when I later had a bone scan for the prostate cancer that I found my first fall had broken 5 ribs on my right side and the second fall had resulted in 7 breaks on the left hand side.
I haven't been able to ride much since then and I am now halfway through a course of Radiotherapy and 3months into an 18 month course of hormone treatment.
I am looking forward to getting back on the bike but I think in may be a while before I do
I'm not getting older,just gaining more experience
ianrobo

Post by ianrobo »

Sorry to hear that and I hope you will recover and be back to full pace soon !! Good luck [emoji106]
Marcus Aurelius

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Busted ribs are a nightmare. Just wait until it no longer hurts when you laugh and / or cough. Then slowly build the miles back up. Good luck.