Broken Wrist !

cyclingmad

Re: Broken Wrist !

Post by cyclingmad »

Hope things get better for you. Are you able to cycle with a broken wrist?
hondated

Post by hondated »

cyclingmad wrote:Hope things get better for you. Are you able to cycle with a broken wrist?

Thanks CM hopefully getting there but with the plaster cast still on i dont seem to have enough movement to cycle.
Just hoping the next stage is strengthening exercises after they have removed the cast or at the very least one of those velcxro fastening supports as that will be a lot less weight and because of its flexibility allow me to cycle again.
chunkeymonkey

Post by chunkeymonkey »

Broke both of mine at the same time left in 2 places right in 3. Operated on the right with plates and screws laft was in plaster, it was 6 to 8 months before I could ride in ant comfort but back on the bike 10 weeks later.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my SM-G920F using hovercraft full of eels.
mark aldridge

Post by mark aldridge »

This post and the foray into skateboarding made me smile.
I remember about twenty years ago taking my father into A&E when he fractured his wrist. The look the young nurse gave him when I forced him to admit to having fallen off his grandson's skateboard at the age of 72.
hondated

Post by hondated »

chunkeymonkey wrote:Broke both of mine at the same time left in 2 places right in 3. Operated on the right with plates and screws laft was in plaster, it was 6 to 8 months before I could ride in ant comfort but back on the bike 10 weeks later.

Flipping heck cm I cannot imagine breaking both wrists as I have had enough pain breaking one.
hondated

Post by hondated »

mark aldridge wrote:This post and the foray into skateboarding made me smile.
I remember about twenty years ago taking my father into A&E when he fractured his wrist. The look the young nurse gave him when I forced him to admit to having fallen off his grandson's skateboard at the age of 72.

Great story Mark a Dad to be proud of for sure. You've a lot to live up to.
chunkeymonkey

Post by chunkeymonkey »

It wasnt great breaking both of them however it did have its benefits....... the wife had to help me shower! Enough said!!!!!