Shaved legs ... Who shaves yours ????

landsurfer

Shaved legs ... Who shaves yours ????

Post by landsurfer »

Once upon a time on a planet far away. .. I was a Time Trialest ...... 20 years against the clock .... Loved it !!!

Lived it, breathed it, my trainer and honest critic was the fair Jules.
Many an early morning she braved the lanes and dual carriageways of England to pin numbers to my bum and force cake into my heaving body post race...
But guess who shaved my legs .... Jules ...
Baby oil in the bath, laid out on a towel on the bed, Jules does the shave thing, then a quick shower afterwards ... Simples !!!

SO ..... Who shaved your legs for you ??????
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: Shaved legs ... Who shaves yours ????

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Is it still done today?
Never have mine, its more for infection if cut in accident............ah I remember its so you can get a massage :)
I see many sports people today shave the body, but that's just fashion and posing for the camera's...............
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

No-one shaves mine.
I don't shave at all - anywhere.

I also have no hair - anywhere! :D
Alopecia Universalis.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alopecia_universalis

Absolutely bald all over my whole body with lovely smooth skin.
I lost the lot a couple of years ago, and I'd be distraught if any hair grew back.

Perhaps I should take up time trialling.
Mick F. Cornwall
Thornyone

Post by Thornyone »

At the speeds I do, I don’t think that shaving would affect matters, but FWIW I seem now to have naturally smooth calves except below the knee anteriorly, where the hair seems to be longer than ever in my life, and growing (would it affect aerodynamics in that position?). I can’t understand why my lower legs are nowadays so generally hairless. I originally thought it was a matter of ample calves rubbing against long trousers, but maybe not (summer months spent entirely in shorts make no difference). I have seriously thought about an aerodynamic swimming suit, because I’m sure my absurdly hirsute torso slows me down, ironic really given that one of the women I worked with nicknamed me “polar bear”. :lol:
yakdiver

Post by yakdiver »

Many years ago I shaved my legs, I know it sounds odd I quite liked the feel of smooth legs (maybe I should have been a woman) I let is grow back, but I hated it so shaved then again and now shave from the neck down..... well I still like my long hair and beard.
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

When I was in my teens I noticed that my dad had hairless legs, while mine were as hairy as King Kong's. Some years ago now I realized that mine are now as bald as my dad's had been, although I have a bit left on the thighs. Trousers have a depilatory action, I suppose.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
Thornyone

Post by Thornyone »

Audax67 wrote:When I was in my teens I noticed that my dad had hairless legs, while mine were as hairy as King Kong's. Some years ago now I realized that mine are now as bald as my dad's had been, although I have a bit left on the thighs.

I wonder how your head hair is doing these days? Mine is going the way of my leg hair. Maybe the two are related. Certainly I’ve noticed that apart from the obvious areas, lower leg hair is pretty much the first to grow in young males. And of course some hair continues to grow in the elderly male long after the head hair has given up the ghost (front of nose, tops of ears....Ain’t getting old a funny business :lol: ).
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

Unfortunately I have to do my own although I tend to use other methods of depilation these days. Having had to be cleaned up a time or two the advantage of little or no hair, not just on legs but arms too is well worth the effort! Easier for applying embrocation, sun cream and Savlon too!
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Audax67 wrote:When I was in my teens I noticed that my dad had hairless legs, while mine were as hairy as King Kong's. Some years ago now I realized that mine are now as bald as my dad's had been, although I have a bit left on the thighs. Trousers have a depilatory action, I suppose.

I remember my dad having patchy hairy legs, as his trousers rubbed against them.

No one shaves my legs.... it really isn't that difficult, though have just attacked the winter fuzz off my son's legs ready for the season... don't trust him to do it on his own... :lol:
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
cyclemad

Post by cyclemad »

wax.....lasts longer :D
Patrickpioneer

Post by Patrickpioneer »

I don't shave my legs, only my nose and ears get done!
cyclemad

Post by cyclemad »

I wax, but if the bank account is a bit low I use an epilator.....also known as the extreme pain device !!

I get problems with in growing hairs...despite exfoliating on a daily basis and copious amounts of moisturiser ....

I wish there was way to reduce the amount of hair growth....not only to save money but also to reduce skin irritation

Is there a cream available to reduce hair growth ???
atoz

Post by atoz »

It's easier when you have a bath or shower to clean your legs if you shave. Especially in our so called summer days when you get sunshine followed by rain, so you get road crap and bits of tar mixed in with sun cream. I am fair skinned so I need to reapply suncream if I'm out all day, so can't avoid gunge completely. If you don't shave, sometimes you have to remove clumps of hair with scissors, it's so painful to scrub off. Easier to shave.

I used to feel self-conscious about shaving- but noone seems to care. For some reason there is a fashion against it with some road cyclists- and some mountain bikers look like they are related to Chewbacca- lol. There is evidence that ticks prefer hairy legs, so maybe that's another reason to do it.
crazydave789

Post by crazydave789 »

real men pluck.

I shaved mine for years but they seem to dehair themselves nowadays so its not worth the bother now.

as for the ladies most seemed to find it quite kinky for me to have a hairy chest but smooth legs.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

not a good idea. hair on legs and arms helps keep the bugs at bay, big bugs cant get thru the "forest".