Gout

crazydave789

Re: Gout

Post by crazydave789 »

thirdcrank wrote:Thanks for the advice and suggestion :D

no worries, I hope it is as simple as that. your feet relax over time through lack of use and usually gain an extra size as they do so.
willcee

Post by willcee »

Gout.. affected me from my 30's until i was about 45 and i got rid of it thank the Lord., my trigger was cheese or plum jam sometimes roast Lamb, and pate!! i had a reasonable diet, ate well, dined out often due to my work, and attacks lasted only a couple of days until i found that drinking copious amounts of good spring water cleared my kidneys and brought it to bay, anyone who ever suffered knows what i'm writing about, even the weight of a duvet on my toe was very painful and getting a shoe on was impossible.. bloodtests were taken but usually next day, and it was near normal again so i had the usual allopurinal magic pill.. that attracted attention when i was about 44 when if chewing anything tasty my left or right cheek would chipmunk out for perhaps 20 mins , eventually became painful and stayed swollen, Doc said it was a blocked saliva gland, still on the allopur , yes, cut it out for a week and suck as hard as you can on that cheek every night with salty warm water...if it doesn't unblock you will need the knife.. woke a few days later with what felt like a broken tooth in my mouth.. it was the hardened calcium that had blocked the gland.. stopped the pills and have, touch wood no issues since.. will
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

willcee wrote:...Doc said it was a blocked saliva gland, still on the allopur , yes, cut it out for a week and suck as hard as you can on that cheek every night with salty warm water...if it doesn't unblock you will need the knife.. woke a few days later with what felt like a broken tooth in my mouth.. it was the hardened calcium that had blocked the gland...

My father once had a blocked saliva gland - doc 'prescribed' him a soor ploom, a very acidic boiled sweet. Sucking one of these produced a great rush of saliva and out popped a small stone!