Fears after cycling accident

Bonefishblues

Re: Fears after cycling accident

Post by Bonefishblues »

thirdcrank wrote:
Airsporter1st wrote:Great - someone posts on the forum looking for reassurance and encouragement following an accident and is now in mortal fear of a front tyre exploding :(

Always assuming that they've read any of what's been posted: this is a first post and the OP hasn't logged on since the middle of August.

OP returned to read responses up to 19th August, presumably, and then disappeared. It was an ill-judged post, which is why I posted a counterpoint so quickly.
Airsporter1st

Post by Airsporter1st »

thirdcrank wrote:
Airsporter1st wrote:Great - someone posts on the forum looking for reassurance and encouragement following an accident and is now in mortal fear of a front tyre exploding :(

Always assuming that they've read any of what's been posted: this is a first post and the OP hasn't logged on since the middle of August.

....well I blame Stella365!!!!!!! :oops: :lol:
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Bonefishblues wrote:
thirdcrank wrote:

OP returned to read responses up to 19th August, presumably, and then disappeared. It was an ill-judged post, which is why I posted a counterpoint so quickly.

No no, it was not ill-judged, **please refrain from writing about things you do not know about!!** (you do not know what I think) :evil:

Maybe the risk is small but it is worth knowing about. I did not suggest that it happens often

I would certainly make the same point again, doubtless others have had blowouts
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Try viewing it through her eyes perhaps?

That's someone who posted after suffering a traumatic event, looking for advice and reassurance.
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

As Corporal Jones would say DON'T PANIC. But I know it's easier said than done :roll:
In an unexpected situation it's ok to act quickly (that's not panic), and make a very quick but deliberate move to avoid/mitigate the situation. I know it's not easy, but those split seconds (if used wisely) can even avoid a bad outcome. Going down Winnats Pass some 25 years ago I has a sheep run out in front of me! I braked hard, heat blew the tyre (yes, I know.... But that's the only time in 40 years cycling) Split-second weigh-up of the situation, sheep had moved, road was about to level out so I just rolled until I could gently apply the rear brake and come to a controlled stop. Much better than panicking and throwing myself off onto the grass or other some other drastic measure.