Nutrition; Use by dates!

Cyril Haearn

Re: Nutrition; Use by dates!

Post by Cyril Haearn »

gbnz wrote:
gbnz wrote: Bought at approx 11.00 this morning, refund rejected by Sainsburys at approx 15.15

Got a result! Sainsburys have agreed that a refund was in order and have offered a voucher to the price of TWO chickens :wink:

Thankfully they haven't asked for the decomposing remains of the original to be returned

Reminds me of a train where all the toilets were faulty. The guard issued vouchers to all passengers. Vouchers for free drinks :?
I try to get into the habit of picking the food with the longest date
Had some of that cheap pasty bread at home, it went mouldy before the date on the clip. The plastic bag is very thin, maybe there was a hole in it
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: Nutrition; Use by dates!

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Cyril Haearn wrote:
gbnz wrote:
gbnz wrote: Bought at approx 11.00 this morning, refund rejected by Sainsburys at approx 15.15

Got a result! Sainsburys have agreed that a refund was in order and have offered a voucher to the price of TWO chickens :wink:

Thankfully they haven't asked for the decomposing remains of the original to be returned

Reminds me of a train where all the toilets were faulty. The guard issued vouchers to all passengers. Vouchers for free drinks :?
I try to get into the habit of picking the food with the longest date
Had some of that cheap pasty bread at home, it went mouldy before the date on the clip. The plastic bag is very thin, maybe there was a hole in it

Yes had a number of sealed uncooked bread go off.
The supplier suggested that it only need a pin prick hole in it to do that before expiry date which makes sense, bad handling probably.
I don't worry much about expiry dates, if it looks ok and SMELLS ok they you will be ok.
Meat smells funny when it going off for sure.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.