Are you listening to LA's podcasts ?

landsurfer

Are you listening to LA's podcasts ?

Post by landsurfer »

So our Lance has a massive following through his podcasts .... OK whats a pod cast and are his any good .... ?
Cycling Druggies;
Millar is now one of the good guys and Valverde is world champion ..... Floyd Landis is selling cannaibis to fund his new team, Dr Ferrari has just taken delivery of a new Ferrari ....
Do we just ignore the past and all move on ... ?

Anyway back to the podcasts .... :)
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
Paulatic

Re: Are you listening to LA's podcasts ?

Post by Paulatic »

Regardless of who’s podcast it is they all seem to need an editor. Podcasters appear to like the sound of their own voice and have too much time on their hands. Especially Americans seem to have the ability to get animated and interested in sweet FA.
Having said that I usually Enjoy Jack Thurston's "The Bike Show". I somet8mes listen to "CamCycle" and an insight on Pro Tours then the "3 Domestiques" were OK but not put anything out this year.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
1982john

Post by 1982john »

landsurfer wrote:So our Lance has a massive following through his podcasts .... OK whats a pod cast and are his any good .... ?
Cycling Druggies;
Millar is now one of the good guys and Valverde is world champion ..... Floyd Landis is selling cannaibis to fund his new team, Dr Ferrari has just taken delivery of a new Ferrari ....

Podcasts are great for killing time when cycling boring places or you have chores to do.

On the druggies. Well it's case by case basis. IF they come clean and ask for honest forgiveness then sure. We need to integrate people back into society for a second chance. Otherwise, it can end up in really dark places like Ulrick - Miller is really good on this,
mjr

Post by mjr »

TheCyclingPodcast.com actually has editors and mostly keeps it tight... Not always but mostly.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
pwa

Post by pwa »

1982john wrote:
landsurfer wrote:So our Lance has a massive following through his podcasts .... OK whats a pod cast and are his any good .... ?
Cycling Druggies;

Podcasts are great for killing time when cycling boring places or you have chores to do.

On the druggies. Well it's case by case basis. IF they come clean and ask for honest forgiveness then sure. We need to integrate people back into society for a second chance. Otherwise, it can end up in really dark places like Ulrick - Miller is really good on this,

If LA's sins amounted only to his use of illegal substances one might say he has paid a price, lost all respect, and we should forgive and let the man have a life. But the accounts of his bullying and threats mean that for me he will always be a nasty piece of work and not the sort of person I would listen to. I don't expect sports people and entertainers to be perfect human beings but I do have some standards and he falls way below them.
ianrobo

Post by ianrobo »

I love podcasts on the bike and usually have 20 to play at any one time from cycling to politics to health.

I used to listen to Lance when he first started forward and found it good, he was a good questioner but more and more he started to only get people he knew personally became too chummy.

Then I started to listen to the now named Move podcast and gave up after a couple as for someone who comes from where he was, he must know a lot of what he sees is not real. However when he came to discuss Froome's solo stage win in the giro he knew it was dodgy as hell but refused to say it. Unsubscribed from then on.

there is only o many times he hint at what he did but then refuses to give the real details and those involved, self obsessed.