Bells Palsy

leftpoole

Bells Palsy

Post by leftpoole »

Hello,
As if I do not have enough medical conditions to deal with. I have now been affected by Bell's Palsy.
It is not very nice and eating/drinking/sleeping are very difficult.
If you need more information on the condition its easily found online.
Best to all,
John
thirdcrank

Re: Bells Palsy

Post by thirdcrank »

Good luck with this. My wife contracted it not long after we were married, when a lot less was known about it than is perhaps the case now. Her face was paralysed down one side. Fortunately, she was quickly diagnosed - after 50+ years I cannot remember the details but an expert on the condition was a consultant at the General Infirmary at Leeds - and had a course of (steroid?) injections. Not only was she completely cured but they analysed a series of before and after pics of her gurneying and said that she had more mobility in the side which had been cured than the unaffected side
leftpoole

Post by leftpoole »

Thanks for the wishes.
Steroids indeed and the complaint is most uncomfortable, inconvenient and overall debilitating. Difficulty eating drinking and sleeping. My right eye has to be taped down at night because I cannot close it. Difficult condition all in.
John
Eman Resu

Post by Eman Resu »

HI John,

My best wishes to you for a speedy recovery. Corticosteroids are effective as I found out recently in respect to another condition. Here's to you getting up and cycling again soon.

Kind regards
Dennis

leftpoole wrote:Hello,
As if I do not have enough medical conditions to deal with. I have now been affected by Bell's Palsy.
Best to all,
John
Mathematics is precise, so I am a mathematician.
Life is precious, so I protect all life.
leftpoole

Post by leftpoole »

Eman Resu wrote:HI John,

My best wishes to you for a speedy recovery. Corticosteroids are effective as I found out recently in respect to another condition. Here's to you getting up and cycling again soon.

Kind regards
Dennis

leftpoole wrote:Hello,
Best to all,
John

Dennis,
I am indeed taking a Steroid. Nothing to report other than these tablets cause insomnia. I have just returned from seeing my Doctor. Insomnia is here for the time left taking these tablets. So far I have had very little sleep over 10 days. I am exhausted and not eating/drinking properly due to the paralysis.
Thanks for kind comment,
John
leftpoole

Post by leftpoole »

I am recovering well and I am very happy to be so.
It is a terrible illness and one which I hope to never to have to deal with again!
John