XXXXL clothing needed for a mountainbiker

RTX2080

XXXXL clothing needed for a mountainbiker

Post by RTX2080 »

Hiya guys, I have had a ten-thirteen year break from bikes and in that time my life has gone through hell and back, However on the up I am better than before but whilst I took a break I piled weight on for more reasons than just scoffing all day long and now at 24 stone and 5'11 so as you can imagine I look like Mr Potato man lol.

I just bought a decent Downhill bike but for the mo will be using it on the streets and pathways until I get fit and then the DH comes. I have one problem, I Cannot find any long or full lengh pants to fit me? My waist has ballooned to a 52/54 size and I have my wifes full support in getting fit regardless of what it costs me, I have searched ALL the retailers who stop at XXXl. and been to local cycle shops here to end up with nothing.

Does anyone know where I can buy full-length pants for biking and they must be baggy as tight clothing is something I do not feel comfortable in.

Many thanks.
AMMoffat

Re: XXXXL clothing needed for a mountainbiker

Post by AMMoffat »

Welcome back into the cycling fold and good luck with regaining your fitness.

Shorts, not longs but at least there might be a size that fits: https://fatladattheback.com/mens-moutai ... xl-2xl-3xl

Perhaps these coupled with leg warmers until summer arrives.
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

RTX2080 wrote: I look like Mr Potato man lol.

Have to admit I piled weight on last spring - not Mr Potato man, but still......

You'll know, but I forgot for five months that it's the diet that counts. 5 months of extreme exercise* - 150+ miles on the bike, 6 hr's in the pool, 6-8hr's at the gym and 10-15 miles on the run weekly, more toned, but no huge change (* I was off work for much of this period).

Yet I forgot it's the diet that counts! Only took 4 weeks on a calculated diet to drop the stone I'd put on (NB. No crash diet, purely a 10-15% calorie reduction and giving a miss to those bakeries on route! Reminded me of a lesson I'd forgotten :oops:
RTX2080

Post by RTX2080 »

Many thanks AMMoffat and gbnz for the input.

Yes its a very high hill to climb but biking is a love I just am so passionate about. My bike has 9.5 inch of travel so it should be comfy out and about.

AMMoffat, I have just within the last hour bought some cargo pants which look and if I am correct will do me for a few weeks until I lose some weight enough to get my other new clothing I had bought recently and was horrified they didnt fit lol. So thanks for the link.

gbnz, I am so out of shape its unreal! But this bike and the clothing has cost me several thousands so I am determined to get my moneys worth lol

Thank you both once again for your time and support. :-)
9494arnold

Post by 9494arnold »

Padded Short Liners or Racing Shorts under the Cargo pants will help.
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

I’m a big fan of Fat Lad at the Back, I’ve got 4 of their tops. It’s refreshing to find a company that caters for us bigger blokes. It’s good quality stuff too.

I would also look at Decathlon who also do bigger sizes, though you sometimes have to hunt around for them.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com