Possible Nerve Damage, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Vorpal

Re: Possible Nerve Damage, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Postby Vorpal » 11 Aug 2019, 7:40pm

Lathargy combined with the numbness in extremities could be something quite serious, such as fibromyalgia, myalgic encephalomyelitis, muscular sclerosis, and a couple of different autoimmune syndromes.

That said, the answer is more likely to be something relatively simple, such as vitamin B12 deficiency. This can be identified by blood tests.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

NATURAL ANKLING

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 11 Aug 2019, 9:07pm

Hi,
Thanks for all your comments.

I am trying to read and work my way through all the stuff.

I have had problems in the past which were not all exercise related, muscle pain unexplained, lethargy after sitting down for say 30 minutes, pain in legs when rising from chair, pain and weakness climbing stairs, mostly they were medication related, I have worked through most BP and Anti-cholesterol stuff.
Exercising on meds especially over three hours is very frustrating.
If I cant stay on the bike for more that 50 minutes / virtually fall off after ten hours / like now pain after a few hours above a moderate level of exercise. its always been a med I am on, GP just shakes their head when I explain that I cant stay on bike and do any endurance, they know that its a losing game.
I am on what is been described as best BP med (even though its not affecting my BP much, exercise does this more in keeping it down) for exercise.
Off statins and on anti-cholesterol non statin, I am sure they want me on higher dose.
The latest is almost total incapacity to sit in a chair after sitting down for a period of one hour, this has actually go on for several months.
I need to lie down but there is no recovering and relaxing at all, I can't even fall asleep to relieve the symptoms, happens normally mid after noon after my lunch.
I get up and after walking around for a while I liven up a bit.
Stupidly getting on the bike wakes me up but I cant keep exercising every day all the time to stop me being a zombie.

Tingling and numbness in all of hand as I type this, still numb toes which affect my balance.
I will leave it a week then phone the GP again, mean while will list my problems for GP and after blood test results.............well see where I go from there with GP.

Really no Idea after failing to get through first day of tour then abandoning, how I then went on to do a week long tour unsupported, I must be very pig headed :) / stupid but I did finish, performance was crap for me so I was not over the moon but I did it.

As you know if you have two problems GP want two separate appointments.
I am not giving up just yet on cycling, still things to, meanwhile need to get back on bike and keep muscles active even if it feels like swimming in lead.

Edited- P.S. writing by hand is difficult.
If You Don't Try You Don't Do.....Don't Do You Don't Get...I'm Still Trying....Well Very..
You'll Find Me At The Top Of A Hill...............Somewhere...After Dark..

NATURAL ANKLING

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 11 Aug 2019, 9:11pm

Hi,
B12 deficiency - well I have all the symptoms, but some of these could be some of the meds I am on,
If You Don't Try You Don't Do.....Don't Do You Don't Get...I'm Still Trying....Well Very..
You'll Find Me At The Top Of A Hill...............Somewhere...After Dark..