Continuing cycling in older age - what is the secret if any?

francovendee

Re: Continuing cycling in older age - what is the secret if any?

Post by francovendee »

My cycling is lessening, I keep records and I used to manage 5000 miles each year and it's been that way for years. I checked last years mileage and I only managed 4000. When I go out it is pleasurable and 20- 40 miles is normal. My problem is having lived here 16 years I've pretty much exhausted any new routes and have tired of doing the same ones . I can put the bike on the car and drive to somewhere new, but prefer not to use the car.
Although I like cycling my motivation isn't there as once it was.
I've tried carrying a camera to take shots of the scenery and plants but realised I'm a lousy Photographer.
I'm just hoping this is just a phase and will pass. I'm 76 in October.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

francovendee wrote:My cycling is lessening, I keep records and I used to manage 5000 miles each year and it's been that way for years. I checked last years mileage and I only managed 4000. When I go out it is pleasurable and 20- 40 miles is normal. My problem is having lived here 16 years I've pretty much exhausted any new routes and have tired of doing the same ones . I can put the bike on the car and drive to somewhere new, but prefer not to use the car.
Although I like cycling my motivation isn't there as once it was.
I've tried carrying a camera to take shots of the scenery and plants but realised I'm a lousy Photographer.
I'm just hoping this is just a phase and will pass. I'm 76 in October.

No handy trains to extend your range/places to explore?
Sweep
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I love doing the same routes, saves using a map, looks different each time, love the greys and browns in winter
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies