Cycling related male personal problem

georgew

Re: Cycling related male personal problem

Post by georgew »

Sweep wrote:This stuff I assume you mean george.

https://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Battles-Udd ... gIlZ_D_BwE

No.....not that one but an udder altogether.

Mine was made by "Equimins" and can be found here.

https://www.gsequestrian.com/products/e ... cream-862e
fatboy

Post by fatboy »

I rode out in a pair of L shorts rather than XL and it seemed better in the regards discussed in this thread. This could explain it being a new problem.....
"Marriage is a wonderful invention; but then again so is the bicycle puncture repair kit." - Billy Connolly
LittleGreyCat

Post by LittleGreyCat »

Up until recently I hadn't experienced this.
However with my recent purchase of some Corrine Dennis shorts I found that the fit around the genitals was a bit more generous, and that although everything was fine at the start, after a stop (rest, traffic lights etc.) my penis would drop to one side and shortly after that would start to chafe.

Rooting around down the front of your shorts is not a good look, and also quite difficult whilst trying to maintain a good pedalling rhythm. :oops:

I did find, much to my surprise, that wearing underpants sorted this without adding to the riding discomfort. Then again these are very skinny Rohan ones. I wouldn't like to try it with M&S cotton ones.

Up until now I have used the more traditional Lycra shorts which have a much more "grippy" fit which has kept everything where it should be.
For protection against chafing I have always used baby lotion (recommended when I bought my first cycling shorts as an effective budget alternative to chamois cream). This works well for me.