Flu Jab - side effects?

Paulatic

Re: Flu Jab - side effects?

Postby Paulatic » 3 Nov 2019, 10:33pm

Paulatic wrote:Just had my jab an hour ago.
Will keep you posted of any perceived effects

Nothing to report. Sore arm for an hour and red rash at site for maybe a day
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/

ambodach

Postby ambodach » 7 Nov 2019, 6:57pm

Had my flu jab about a month ago. No problems. Had a shingles one and anti pneumococcal one some years ago. GP made the remark “ this should see you out”. Thanks a bundle Jennifer. In a small community we meet our GP regularly on a social basis hence first name use.

Mike Sales

Postby Mike Sales » 7 Nov 2019, 7:05pm

I have never noticed any side effects.

fastpedaller

Postby fastpedaller » 14 Nov 2019, 10:33pm

CX-3 wrote:Had one last year and went down with cold like symptoms within 15 minutes. Lasted for weeks. Doctor rubbished this saying that the vaccine is inert. He didn't like it when I asked him how it was going to work if inert.

Not going to have one this year, I don't want a repeat performance.

Makes me wonder if reactions are recorded at all - they should be!

softlips

Postby softlips » 15 Nov 2019, 8:57am

fastpedaller wrote:
CX-3 wrote:Had one last year and went down with cold like symptoms within 15 minutes. Lasted for weeks. Doctor rubbished this saying that the vaccine is inert. He didn't like it when I asked him how it was going to work if inert.

Not going to have one this year, I don't want a repeat performance.

Makes me wonder if reactions are recorded at all - they should be!

Yes, they were in the study phase and obviously still are if a severe reaction is reported.

In answer to this cold and flu are totally different diseases. The incubation period for the common cold is 24-72 hours and for flu is 48 hours minimum. You may well develop symptoms 15 minutes after the vaccine is administered but that doesn’t mean the vaccine caused it.

Reminds me of a lady suing a friend of mine as she discovered she was pregnant immediately after being sterilised. Obviously she got no where, the egg was already fertilised before her tubes were clipped. The operation prevented future pregnancies not ones already brewing.