Alternative pedals, Foot Position, Knee Pain

djnotts

Re: Alternative pedals, Foot Position, Knee Pain

Postby djnotts » 22 Jun 2020, 7:29am

Like I said, it can be only slowed. 7 years ago I had approx 2 years of "independent" , non-oxygen equipment, life to go had I been sedentary. Almost daily exercise means I am still cycling c.20 miles a day and generally quite active. Howevet, I continue to get slower and hills to get steeper!

Gearoidmuar

Postby Gearoidmuar » 14 Jul 2020, 10:17pm

It may be your norm. My left foot points in and my right out.

Gearoidmuar

Postby Gearoidmuar » 6 Jan 2021, 10:16am

Follow up. Almost zero pain for the past year. Still using mid-sole pedal axle position.

Cowsham

Postby Cowsham » 7 Jan 2021, 9:33am

djnotts wrote:Like I said, it can be only slowed. 7 years ago I had approx 2 years of "independent" , non-oxygen equipment, life to go had I been sedentary. Almost daily exercise means I am still cycling c.20 miles a day and generally quite active. Howevet, I continue to get slower and hills to get steeper!

well done for demonstrating the benefits of regular exercise. I think most of us over 50's are getting slower up the hills.

Jdsk

Postby Jdsk » 7 Jan 2021, 9:42am

Gearoidmuar wrote:Follow up. Almost zero pain for the past year. Still using mid-sole pedal axle position.

Thanks for the update. Sounds good.

Jonathan

bridgeman

Postby bridgeman » 14 Jan 2021, 7:58pm

Impressions about chiropractics to help with isuess like these? My sister had exeprienced back pain since she was little and I know that she was constantly on medication for it. When we went on vacantions she couldn't go on long walks with us, etc, it was just horrbile for her. She decided to go to give chiropractics a try casue there are a lot of good reviws online for the clinic that she chose. She's like a completly new person now and I'm suepr impressed with the improvement she made both physically and mentally. I struggle with leg pain and I hink maybe I'm going to try a few sessions as well.
Last edited by bridgeman on 16 Jan 2021, 4:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jdsk

Postby Jdsk » 14 Jan 2021, 7:59pm

Usual problem: lots of anecdotes, some strong adherents, very few decent trials.

Jonathan