NA's In Lock Down Till End June!

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
NHS sent me a text saying I am now Very Vulnerable :(
At least I may get a shopping slot now, I have no spleen
Anyone else get a text?
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
rjb

Re: NA's In Lock Down Till End June!

Post by rjb »

Stay safe and keep us all entertained so we know you are around. :D
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Oh no, I was counting on you to visit the library again and report back :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Seems a bit insensitive of them to tell you by txt they’ve removed your spleen. :D
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Why now :?
They must of evaluated stats on virus suffers etc?
latest text today -

"NHS Coronavirus Service: Do you live with others? To stay safe from the virus please try to:
- Stay 3 steps away from others
- Sleep separately if you can
- Use separate bathrooms if you can. If you share, use it first and clean between uses
- Eat separately, use separate cutlery, dishcloths, towels
- Clean and wipe down door handles and surfaces in the kitchen and bathroom before use

Only essential carers should visit. Ask people to leave your supplies at your door.

If you haven't registered for help already, you might get a call from the shielding helpline to ask if you need help, please answer this call from 0333 3050466.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
latest text today -

"NHS Coronavirus Service: Do you live with others? To stay safe from the virus please try to:
- Use separate bathrooms if you can. If you share, use it first and clean between uses
- Clean and wipe down door handles and surfaces in the kitchen and bathroom before use

Only essential carers should visit. Ask people to leave your supplies at your door.

If you haven't registered for help already, you might get a call from the shielding helpline to ask if you need help, please answer this call from 0333 3050466.

Be aware though...

A scam around here has been to present at door with an "ID Card" stating that they have been sent by the local Council to assist with shopping.

They ask for a list, and then all they need is either the cash to pay for it or worse your credit card and details
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

latest text today -

We treat patients with I131 for thyroid ailments and the restrictions are very similar
geocycle

Post by geocycle »

I don’t quite follow the logic of people been told to stay completely indoors. My mother in law is recovering from cancer and really needs this summer yet has been told she cannot even use her large rear garden. Seems over the top to me as the risk is miniscule. Must be a risk of doing more harm than good, certainly mentally she is really struggling, can anyone explain?
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
I am struggling to find any information on why I have been told not to go outdoors till the end of June.
Asplenic is not in "very vulnerable" group.
maybe too early to see any information online.
Until I get a letter? But I have a text, I cannot access any extra help online,Not that I think I'm going to need any at the moment.
I need to contact my GP anyway so I might ask them.
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

geocycle wrote:I don’t quite follow the logic of people been told to stay completely indoors. My mother in law is recovering from cancer and really needs this summer yet has been told she cannot even use her large rear garden. Seems over the top to me as the risk is miniscule. Must be a risk of doing more harm than good, certainly mentally she is really struggling, can anyone explain?

It probably is over the top. As long as she is isolated how will she be infected?
I'm afraid some well meaning persons take the meaning of not going out too literally - particularly as the phrase "stay indoors" is often used.
Viz the unfortunate police woman telling a man and his children they they couldn't use their front garden.

Unfortunately government advice isn't particularly informative.
NATURAL ANKLING

hi,
I've recently seen many more people out when I've been exercising on my bike, might be just me but I think it coincides with news/media saying it's okay to drive to remote places et cetera et cetera?
The problem is it's peoples interpretation isn't it, Even without allowing people any leeway for misinterpreting what you should and shouldn't do, people are obviously ignoring the advice like travelling unnecessarily hundreds of miles.
I went out cycling on Friday bank holiday and I was amazed about how many people I saw near some holiday homes, never seen so many people down the track before.
Around my home I see people travelling from house-to-house because their family live in the same street?
If the restrictions are relaxed at all what we think is going to happen next.
So I saw two police cars last night on the end of a cycle path, I'll chase the policeman on foot along the cycle path and dinged my bell at him, He turned around and stood back, I smiled and said okay he replied yeah I'm okay :)

where I had seen a mass gathering in the dark a week orton so ago there was a police van parked up in the layby, probably to warn people of doing the same thing again on Friday night.
I also noticed yesterday that people were sitting around more and they were more of two or more gatherings of people.
My exercising away from home is now locked down for nine weeks.
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

just keep well :wink:
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
ossie

Post by ossie »

NHS sent me a text saying I am now Very Vulnerable :(
At least I may get a shopping slot now, I have no spleen
Anyone else get a text?

The mother in law (In the annex) has been getting the Government food parcels. She can't go out for 12 weeks, she had the initial letter and a nurse turned up in full PPE for her blood test.

She hasn't had a text however :wink:
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Once again, poor guidance from the Government

There is “house” and “home” and used interchangeably.

My deeds include the garden, my insurance includes the garden and my legal responsibility to others safety includes the garden.

I consider my garden as part of my home, and that I am not leaving my home when I go into the garden
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Last night I saw four police vehicles not the three up post.
Just sucked in a fly and spent several minutes trying to cough it up...eventually cleared but coughed a bit more on approaching a car parked in the dark, as I passed it I saw it was a police car and continued coughing because my throat was sore :P
Felt bad about that, it could of been misconstrued :P