NA's In Lock Down Till End June!

NATURAL ANKLING

Re: NA's In Lock Down Till End June!

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Partner is back to work and very stressed out, that she might infect me.
Nothing has changed since the beginning of all our restrictions, but the fact they have now reclassified me.
I have my rowing machine, turbo, treadmill so I can still exercise, plus many projects to catch up on.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Vetus Ossa

Post by Vetus Ossa »

Yes, I have also had the text, it arrived on Friday.
On Saturday I had the conformation letter.
On Sunday I had a text telling me to pack a bag in case I had to be rushed to hospital.
Today I had another text informing me to look after my wellbeing, eat healthily and sit near a window. I expect you have had similar unless to text back STOP.
As I have not been out since lockdown, I am getting restless. Until the text arrived out of the blue (none previously) I was planning on going for a ride this week, but that will not be happening now.
As it happens, I tore my calf muscle last Wednesday and I am still limping, a mate calls me lucky Eddie so wouldn’t be able to ride anyway.
I am lucky in as much as I have a garden to sit in and a turbo trainer to use when I am able, but it is so boring isn’t it.
My wife has not stopped working as she is an A&E sister but all good here so far.
Beauty will save the world.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
I was wanting my GP to confirm...but I got the letter this morning.
My partner has been back at work after a short forced holiday by firm.....she got upset again today on leaving for work.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Text on Friday
Letter on Monday
GP nurse practitioner phoned me today.
Apparently NHS should've included asplenic people, According to the GP they didn't know why they weren't in the first place.
So it's a catch up by the NHS.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Nice to know :P

"NHS Coronavirus Service: We know staying home until the end of June may be frustrating. Having some structure to your day may help.
Try reading, watching films, learning something new or sudoku. Make a plan for each day in the morning and each week on a Monday.

This is an automated message. Please do not reply, other than to STOP receiving texts from us"
Vetus Ossa

Post by Vetus Ossa »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
Nice to know :P

"NHS Coronavirus Service: We know staying home until the end of June may be frustrating. Having some structure to your day may help.
Try reading, watching films, learning something new or sudoku. Make a plan for each day in the morning and each week on a Monday.

This is an automated message. Please do not reply, other than to STOP receiving texts from us"

Haha, yes I had that one today.
It really is time to text back STOP I think.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Been complete shielding for ~6 weeks now, they decided to text me a week later, and have since sent me 4 letters by post.

Not that it stopped me getting the damned thing, though the viral load must have been very low - no-one else in the house (all of whom are on the same shielding as I am, so we can continue as a family) came down with any symptoms (felt slightly off for a day or two maybe), but I was wiped for a good ten days, and am still recovering. Was touch and go whether to admit me, but without confirmation that I did or didn't have covid that would have been the absolute best place to pick it up.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Glad you are okay Bob.
Sounds like you are saying that you reckon you caught it from letters?
My neighbours are still walking hand-in-hand up the road between their houses that father and daughter, son-in-law and a handful of children, mother frequence to but is normally on her own.
at my partners works they are talking about bringing more employees in next week.
No idea how they're going to manage that, as the distancing at the moment is problematic.
One such an employee said that they felt safe because my partner was a good friend,She put her right on that one by reminding her that she still needs to social distance.
Another barely speak any English and acts nonchalant, says yeah yeah yeah and laughs a lot.
just the other day he stopped work at 20 to 10 got out his mobile phone sat on his seat and put his feet on another seat.
Site manager warned him twice then had to warn him again that he was meant to be working?
This is not uncommon one particular person stops completely threequarters of an hour before the end of shift.
The not so English speaker, he's getting now quite excited about being on holiday next week I'm going down to Cornwall.
Now we hear that they are going down to help some relations moved house from London.
The relations happened to be two met police officers.
His partner is travelling down with them he will travel down next day.
You couldn't make it up could you really.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

No idea where I got it, wed been pretty rigorous at disinfecting everything that came in (mail as well as deliveries).

But given the amount of immune suppression I am on it could easily have been a very small infection, floating in the breeze into the garden (2m+ from fence or hedge)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
[XAP]Bob wrote:No idea where I got it, wed been pretty rigorous at disinfecting everything that came in (mail as well as deliveries).

But given the amount of immune suppression I am on it could easily have been a very small infection, floating in the breeze into the garden (2m+ from fence or hedge)

The fact is that someone can carry the virus without showing any symptoms, so you will never know.
Keep safe.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Cunobelin wrote:Once again, poor guidance from the Government

There is “house” and “home” and used interchangeably.

My deeds include the garden, my insurance includes the garden and my legal responsibility to others safety includes the garden.

I consider my garden as part of my home, and that I am not leaving my home when I go into the garden

The coronavirus legislation says "(3) For the purposes of paragraph (1), the place where a person is living includes the premises
where they live together with any garden, yard, passage, stair, garage, outhouse or other
appurtenance of such premises. "
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Glad you are okay Bob.
My neighbours are still walking hand-in-hand up the road between their houses that father and daughter, son-in-law and a handful of children, mother frequence to but is normally on her own.
at my partners works they are talking about bringing more employees in next week.
No idea how they're going to manage that, as the distancing at the moment is problematic.
One such an employee said that they felt safe because my partner was a good friend,She put her right on that one by reminding her that she still needs to social distance.
Another barely speak any English and acts nonchalant, says yeah yeah yeah and laughs a lot.
just the other day he stopped work at 20 to 10 got out his mobile phone sat on his seat and put his feet on another seat.
Site manager warned him twice then had to warn him again that he was meant to be working?
This is not uncommon one particular person stops completely threequarters of an hour before the end of shift.
The not so English speaker, he's getting now quite excited about being on holiday next week I'm going down to Cornwall.
Now we hear that they are going down to help some relations moved house from London.

That's allowed in the legislation.

"7. During the emergency period, no person may participate in a gathering in a public place of
more than two people except—
(a) where all the persons in the gathering are members of the same household,
(b) where the gathering is essential for work purposes
(c) to attend a funeral,
(d) where reasonably necessary—
(i) to facilitate a house move,

(ii) to provide care or assistance to a vulnerable person, including relevant personal care
within the meaning of paragraph 7(3B) of Schedule 4 to the Safeguarding of
Vulnerable Groups Act 2006,
(iii) to provide emergency assistance, or
(iv) to participate in legal proceedings or fulfil a legal obligation."
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

pete75 wrote:
Glad you are okay Bob.

That's allowed in the legislation.

"7. During the emergency period, no person may participate in a gathering in a public place of
more than two people except—
(a) where all the persons in the gathering are members of the same household,
(b) where the gathering is essential for work purposes
(c) to attend a funeral,
(d) where reasonably necessary—
(i) to facilitate a house move,

(ii) to provide care or assistance to a vulnerable person, including relevant personal care
within the meaning of paragraph 7(3B) of Schedule 4 to the Safeguarding of
Vulnerable Groups Act 2006,
(iii) to provide emergency assistance, or
(iv) to participate in legal proceedings or fulfil a legal obligation."

We have issues with the latter. Close relative in a home and Council demanding money. We have no legal powers, and this needs to be established. We are unable to do anything as the Home is in lockdown and Solicitors will not enter.

Council does not consider that reasonable, and are now legally pursuing us for the "debts" that despite having no legal responsibility they claim that we owe
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

pete75 wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:Once again, poor guidance from the Government

There is “house” and “home” and used interchangeably.

My deeds include the garden, my insurance includes the garden and my legal responsibility to others safety includes the garden.

I consider my garden as part of my home, and that I am not leaving my home when I go into the garden

The coronavirus legislation says "(3) For the purposes of paragraph (1), the place where a person is living includes the premises
where they live together with any garden, yard, passage, stair, garage, outhouse or other
appurtenance of such premises. "

My medical advice has been that the garden is fine, conditional on me staying a couple of metres from the boundary. Which is pretty much ok for me.
Vetus Ossa

Post by Vetus Ossa »

I can't really see a problem about spending time in your garden myself, I do anyway.
We do have a friend who has been told not to go outside but she does have several serious health issues, has for a long time but still manages to live a comparatively normal life.