NA's In Lock Down Till End June!

al_yrpal

Re: NA's In Lock Down Till End June!

Postby al_yrpal » 30 Apr 2020, 10:59am

I am type 2 and I havent got a text. Around here the Police have been very evident, so much so that it makes you wonder what the heck they were doing before all this started? In cars, vans, on bikes and on foot in pairs with helmets, female ones too everywhere.
Two days ago the Police did operation Bulgarian. The Bulgarians who mostly work in the local chicken processing plant live in houses of multiple occupation many of which are down alleys that lead off the high street. They are mostly Roma who dress in bizzare loud shell suits and sports clothing. They congregate on the high street in little gangs of up to 6 or 8 outside the shops often completely blocking the pavement. They speak no English. Their accomodation presumably has no gardens. Local people hate this feeling intimidated and it gets the area a bad name and makes women particularly frightened. Suddenly the Police arrived and told the Bulgarians to get off the street. I dont know whether the Bulgarians know the current rules, or if they just flout them like they flout the parking restrictions? In Bulgaria hanging about on the street in the evening is quite normal. Despite the lockdown suddenly the high street has become a more pleasant place.

Al
Touring on a bicycle is a great way to explore and appreciate the countryside and towns you pass through. Make a difference...

NATURAL ANKLING

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 30 Apr 2020, 4:06pm

Hi,
Al, I don't know if type2 is on the list (NHS) of very vulnerable?
My lack of spleen is not but apparently they now include me (supposedly should have from the beginning) which is why I am suggested to stay at home etc.

1)
It may be OK for people to move house, but as police officers you would think that they would know NOT to invite relations along for the trip :x

2) My partner is already stressed out and crying because she thinks that she might infect me.
Along with working with nonchalant workers, who seem completely oblivious that the country is in dire straits, and does not understand english so is laughing and waving hands trying to pretend to understand but clearly does not.
They think its OK to travel to cornwall from torquay to help there mates.
Then they will come back to work.
I have told my partner to report anyone who is flouting distance rules at work and ask for a reply on what they will do / report back.
Next week more workers will arrive.

3) Some other employee was asked to return and was not give option to self furlough.......................
The firm was hitting the rocks before so trimming down will be natural I suppose.

4) Close to home.
Next door neighbor has bad health (wife) and was at deaths door when they moved in several years ago..........smoking related.
Coughs for hours a day, but does not cough if another person is in the house, probably because she should not continue with smoking, I can smell it in my house so I know they smoke and hear them because, they live in conservatory and I am constantly in garden doing jobs.
They lost their daughter a month ago who had a heart murmur and I thought saw smoking when she lived at home a few years back.
I asked the father how she was the day after she passed on.......bad timing.....nothing you can say is there...only time heals.
He (father) was travelling hundreds of miles every week for a few months to be by here side whilst she was undergoing operation (probably to correct valve etc).

This morn the ambulance two vehicles is up and they shipped her out in a chair (wife) with a breathing mask.
Father is a builder so work is tight.

The vision of him holding it together when I asked about daughter bad timing and him walking inside this morning after saying goodby to his wife.

Odds of her surviving....................................
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.

NATURAL ANKLING

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 22 May 2020, 9:41am

hi,
Well my next door neighbours wife did survive and she doesn't look any worse for wear but she is good news.

I'm not sure what the restrictions are at the moment officially?
But last weekend I think everybody realises that things were starting to get back to normal even though they're not.
They are already talking about overcrowded beauty spots and telling people not to go there this weekend not that that will stop many people I think.
But I also think that the media are muddying the waters by not simply stating what the restrictions are still, and simply concentrating on small businesses and some anecdotal stories about people surviving,
The statistics are still being mulled over and I'm not sure that It's conclusive on who and how old you are what bad health you might have or affecting your survival if you catch it.
Although BAME , Diabetes Type II?, Being overweight, which probably affect your overall health, and the usual already stated very vulnerable groups.

Where I live people have basically seem to have got back to normal, it's obvious that many people have gone back to work, though we're not sure what their working conditions are like, I mean to say that are social distancing rules being maintained?
No different anywhere you go but my neighbours don't seem to worry too much about social distancing when they meet their mates on the street and over the garden gate they stand closer than 2 m for sure.
Two households either side of me are now quite openly mixing and sharing cars et cetera.

I said I'm not sure what the rules are just now I do probably go and look them up I didn't think much has changed if you can't social distance we meant to wear a face covering does that still apply rules are all gone to the Wind now?

Closer to home in-laws with a new baby Have come down from about 100 miles away to stay in a relations empty house.
Apparently they stayed one night but that could've been two last weekend.
They have been Showing the baby off and visiting relations and going for walks with them.
you could say this could be done and could be harmless?
Maybe yes, although it all sounds a bit iffy when I tell you that one of the couples the baby is a intensive care nurse,And the other is the orthopaedic surgeon.
You would think they would stick to the letter of the law don't you I mean the rules that are meant to be protecting all of us, maybe I'm being too finicky, since I've been advised to stay home I've not gone anywhere at all.
I have been tempted and I'm getting very itchy to get out on my bike and just do some proper exercise, the exercise I'm doing at home is not really enough.
It's the wrong type of exercise on the machines I need to go out on the bike move around a bit to massage my back just using the machines tends to make my back sore, there you go there's not a lot I can do about that at the moment.
Another five weeks of this and then still there will not be any light at the end of the tunnel?
As far as I can tell we need a vaccine first before I'm going to be safe to go anywhere?
Not that I ever come into contact with people anywhere and I can avoid everybody quite easily.

Jdsk

Postby Jdsk » 22 May 2020, 9:46am

Anecdotes and extreme cases dominate the popular press.

But it is possible to get better data from eg counting traffic and map requests and park visitors.
https://www.ft.com/content/84d96dee-45f9-4870-88b5-d39f929c06be

Jonathan

Jdsk

Postby Jdsk » 22 May 2020, 9:48am

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:I'm not sure what the restrictions are at the moment officially?

In which country?

NB as usual it's possible to consider this at multiple levels, eg:
* The legislation.
* Guidance and advice, including ministerial and that from the NHS.
* How to avoid harm to others.
* How to avoid harm to yourself.

Jonathan

[XAP]Bob

Postby [XAP]Bob » 22 May 2020, 9:49am

It’s avoiding where other people have been as well for you and I (and anyone else in full lockdown).

We’re thinking about what happens when the kids go back to school, current plan is not to send them initially (full support of the school head on that) and when we do I’ll go down to my parents, who have also been on lockdown (not quite as much as we have, but very nearly) to minimise my risk, and allow the rest of the household some glimpse of normality.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

NATURAL ANKLING

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 31 May 2020, 9:28am

Hi,
Well it looks I'll be let out of the can on Monday.
Must be a coincidence but in actual fact I plan to go out on Monday Since being told to stay at home via and letter from the NHS 27 apr.
I was planning to go out on a walk on the moors with my partner on Monday, somewhere remote away from any other people.
Now I can yippee, Not sure when they announced it I've just seen it on the text on TV.
Been getting really itchy to get out and do something on my bike starting to suffer a bit with my back, riding a bike normally sorts it out gees me up a bit. :)

Not been out at all since the 27th of April.
I've been observing people walking up and down the road past my house and all the neighbours think that everything is back to normal in before restrictions are lifted it appears that they couldn't really give a monkeys at all.
I think they are very typically people of today.
It's very apparent from the way things have gone on the media and the media appear to have not played in a match in respect of the fact that it must be obvious that there be a lot of people out there already on holiday?
I suppose that sort of people are very lucky that there is not a war on at the moment I can guess which way they would jump.

[XAP]Bob

Postby [XAP]Bob » 31 May 2020, 10:12am

The scientific advice hasn’t changed, it’s only the political advice which has.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

NATURAL ANKLING

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 31 May 2020, 10:17am

Hi,
[XAP]Bob wrote:The scientific advice hasn’t changed, it’s only the political advice which has.

Yes that is true for sure.
But you know your typical Joe public they tend to make up their own mind on what they want what they need never comes into it!
My nickname for them is "Slobby Globby"

Even before the social lockdown of all of us, I have been socially distancing for the last 20 years at least, It's second nature to me.

Paulatic

Postby Paulatic » 31 May 2020, 11:23am

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
Must be a coincidence but in actual fact I plan to go out on Monday Since being told to stay at home via and letter from the NHS 27 apr.
I was planning to go out on a walk on the moors with my partner on Monday, somewhere remote away from any other people.
Now I can yippee, Not sure when they announced it I've just seen it on the text on TV.
Been getting really itchy to get out and do something on my bike starting to suffer a bit with my back, riding a bike normally sorts it out gees me up a bit. :)

I've been observing people walking up and down the road past my house and all the neighbours think that everything is back to normal in before restrictions are lifted it appears that they couldn't really give a monkeys at all.
It's very apparent from the way things have gone on the media and the media appear to have not played in a match in respect of the fact that it must be obvious that there be a lot of people out there already on holiday?
I suppose that sort of people are very lucky that there is not a war on at the moment I can guess which way they would jump.

Dominic really doesn’t like you does he?
I’d of thought it’s more dangerous for you to go out now than it has been over the past weeks.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/

NATURAL ANKLING

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 31 May 2020, 11:30am

Hi,
Paulatic wrote:
NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,

Dominic really doesn’t like you does he?
I’d of thought it’s more dangerous for you to go out now than it has been over the past weeks.

Yes the penny dropped about 30 seconds ago after my partner said that's not me it's vulnerable not very vulnerable.
Blast, Thanks a lot for that yeah thanks P :wink:

[XAP]Bob

Postby [XAP]Bob » 1 Jun 2020, 9:30pm

Friends who are consultants have spent their weekends phoning patients to tell them that no matter what the news says they need to stay fully shielding...

The "easing" has come as a complete surprise to all of medic friends, including some who are pretty high up (leader in their field for a large swathe of the country).

If I described a shambles it wouldn't hold a candle to this lot.

Jdsk

Postby Jdsk » 1 Jun 2020, 9:33pm

[XAP]Bob wrote:The "easing" has come as a complete surprise to all of medic friends, including some who are pretty high up (leader in their field for a large swathe of the country).

Yes, including NHS England's Director of Primary Care.

Jonathan

simonineaston

Postby simonineaston » 1 Jun 2020, 10:06pm

I am type 2 and I havent got a text.
It's all a bit scatter-gun, isn't it. Difficult to know where we all stand, however, I do wish everyone who's been stuck at home, heeding the advice, All The Best now that you can escape back into the Great Outdoors again. Stay Safe! (...and the plus is that the low traffic levels means the air is fairly breathable once more! Long may it remains so.)
ttfn, Simon in Easton
(currently enjoying a Moulton TSR & a nano Brompton...)

[XAP]Bob

Postby [XAP]Bob » 1 Jun 2020, 10:08pm

That’s the point - despite the blond buffoons bluster we cant go out to the big outdoors.

At least not if we listen to anyone worth listening to...