Battery Heated Socks

ubert767

Battery Heated Socks

Post by ubert767 »

I've recentlybeen prescribed blood thinners and consequently now regularly experience very cold feet. with onset of winter in mind I'm considering battery heated socks, does anyone have any recommendations, please?
yakdiver

Re: Battery Heated Socks

Post by yakdiver »

Try plactic bags first there cheaper
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Have you tried good wool socks?
Only thing which keeps my feet warm
https://www.laurasloom.co.uk/product-ca ... ool-socks/
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

ubert767 wrote:I've recentlybeen prescribed blood thinners and consequently now regularly experience very cold feet.

What's the connection, please?

Thanks

Jonathan
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

ubert767 wrote:I've recentlybeen prescribed blood thinners and consequently now regularly experience very cold feet. with onset of winter in mind I'm considering battery heated socks, does anyone have any recommendations, please?

Not specifically, just a note that a pal with Reynauds who got very, very cold feet was able to go winter mountaineering with a pair: they do work for those with issues.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
irc

Post by irc »

I'd go with a pair of shoes one size bigger combined with either one pair of thick socks or a thin pair and thicker pair on top. Going for thick socks without bigger shoes might make it worse by reducing circulation.
Tim Holman

Post by Tim Holman »

Hello, I have been on meds for years and have discovered that at least two pairs of socks, one made from wool plus neoprene overshoes has solved the problem of cold feet for me during the colder months. I also don't sweat as much as I used to, which some might say is an improvement!
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

Tight-fitting shoes can restrict circulation,especially if you have several pairs of socks.Wear socks which are warm with deep pile and consider buying some carpet samples and draw foot outline,and cut out foot-shape.This will insulate foot from below.Overshoes will help as well and avoid cycling in wet,use mudguards,and rub liniment on feet.Get off frequently and walk/stamp feet,possibly use i-player of Muzak to stimulate foot-tapping.
Lodge

Post by Lodge »

I suffer with Raynaud’s Syndrome. I have worked my way through various socks, shoes, even using bubble wrap (which did help slightly but just delayed the white toe syndrome). The only thing which has worked is electric socks. I bought mine from Lenz. Flippin expensive but at least I can go out in the winter for more than a short ride now. Before retiring a couple of years ago I commuted by cycling all year, even down to -12°C in January 2017 (I ride both bike and trike but go for 3 wheels below zero and in the snow).

There are two styles of heating element for Lenz socks. One is under the foot, the other wrapped around the toes. For me the toe wrap style works best (more expense as the default was the under sole style).

Interestingly I rarely suffer with my hands. I get cold fingers but after about 10-15 minutes there’s enough blood flow to keep them warm in ski gloves or mits. It’s poor circulation to my feet, even with my legs pumping away on the pedals. My wife complains bitterly if my feet stray to her side of the bed!