Can you recommend a fitness tracker/watch

PaulS

Re: Can you recommend a fitness tracker/watch

Post by PaulS »

Bonefishblues wrote: I have just bought a new smart watch with 30 days battery life.

Have you had chance to try it yet? How long does the battery last with heart rate and gps both recording?
PaulS

Post by PaulS »

mikeymo wrote:... after reading this study, which compares it very favourably to an ECG:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6732081/

Thanks for the link. Interesting.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

PaulS wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote: I have just bought a new smart watch with 30 days battery life.

Have you had chance to try it yet? How long does the battery last with heart rate and gps both recording?

Ah well yes but no but don't start asking me difficult questions...

Being serious, I bought one of these: https://www.withings.com/uk/en/scanwatch

...for my specific needs, and because I have used Withings devices since they were first offered. So no, no GPS without a phone in tow to take care of that aspect, but the ECG and other functions are very helpful indeed, and of course I maintain my lifetime billionty-six steps/miles total :D

And, for me, it doesn't look like what it is, which I like, plus the battery life, which, judging by the 3% daily battery diminution, looks pretty much on the money in terms of their claims.

So no, probably doesn't belong on this thread, but since I had been wittering on about battery life I thought I'd pop back on.
PaulS

Post by PaulS »

Bonefishblues wrote: And, for me, it doesn't look like what it is, which I like.

Looks very nice. Perhaps not for a dedicated fitness tracker. But still very nice.
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

One minor comment: my chum Anna reported that her fitbit is "scratched to bits" - so much so that she can't read it in bright sunlight. As to whether you think paying the extra for a premium product and its scratch-resistant Gorilla glass, I don't know...
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Of course I have sapphire crystal :lol: