Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Would you like to be vaccinated against CV soon?

Yes
156
77%
Tend to yes
7
3%
Tend to no
2
1%
No
13
6%
Never
9
4%
Don't know yet, maybe later
16
8%
 
Total votes: 203

User avatar
simonineaston
Posts: 4294
Joined: 9 May 2007, 1:06pm
Location: ...at a cricket ground

Re: Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Post by simonineaston »

Hmmm - 10 months or less than a week...
(rides: Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
djnotts
Posts: 1978
Joined: 26 May 2008, 12:51pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Post by djnotts »

simonineaston wrote:Hmmm - 10 months or less than a week...


10 months, obviously.
Despite usual fine words, reality as always nowhere near. Two most obvious examples are only 10% achievement of 100% claim for care home residents and the offer of appointments many miles away to the over 80s.
Failing in vaccination programme as in every thing else.
Oldjohnw
Posts: 6206
Joined: 16 Oct 2018, 4:23am
Location: Northumberland

Re: Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Post by Oldjohnw »

There has been, I believe, a small semantic change in the government promise on vaccines

Hancock now says every adult will have been offered a jab. Of course, take up is voluntary, so perhaps that is all he means. But he has track record of double counting etc.
John
reohn2
Posts: 40711
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Post by reohn2 »

simonineaston wrote:Hmmm - 10 months or less than a week...

In the 'less than' article it was claimed the the country should be treating C19 as an invading army,I'd agree with that.
But it seems once again there are failings everywhere and to my mind and observations throughout this pandemic the problem has been the government's fault.

EDIT; just to add that I simply do not believe the lack of speed in inoculation of the country is the fault of NHS bureaucracy.
The government can override such bureaucracy in time of crisis such as this,healthcare professionals are queuing up to be reinstated for the task in hand,it's the government and it alone that's standing in the way of inoculation of the country against this virus.
This government has been incompetent to an incredible and unbelievable degree from day one! :twisted:
-----------------------------------------------------------
User avatar
simonineaston
Posts: 4294
Joined: 9 May 2007, 1:06pm
Location: ...at a cricket ground

Re: Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Post by simonineaston »

I think part of the trouble with modern life is that there are simply too many quasi-competant agencies, all geared up to cheerfully pass the buck on and whip out a dozen faux-reasons that it's not their fault.
It was different when we all lived in hamlets and poked about in mud for turnips and acorns. Back then, we knew what was what.
(rides: Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Psamathe
Posts: 12595
Joined: 10 Jan 2014, 8:56pm

Re: Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Post by Psamathe »

reohn2 wrote:....
EDIT; just to add that I simply do not believe the lack of speed in inoculation of the country is the fault of NHS bureaucracy.
The government can override such bureaucracy in time of crisis such as this,healthcare professionals are queuing up to be reinstated for the task in hand,it's the government and it alone that's standing in the way of inoculation of the country against this virus.
This government has been incompetent to an incredible and unbelievable degree from day one! :twisted:

Had our politicians had any sort of plan or even thought ahead then they could have been training these volunteers in de-radicalisation, fire-drills, etc. back last autumn - so they'd be up and going already. These sorts of things should not be identified now and "we're going to sort it out asap". They should have sorted this stuff out long ago so it would already be happening.

Similarly they could have already had all the pharmacies (who e.g. already do flu vaccinations) signed-up and already carrying out vaccinations. Instead of which it's left until after it's needed.

Instead they wait for Johnson to set some sound bite targets and only then do they start making any plans or looking to how they are actually going to carry out these vaccinations.

As with pretty well everything these days, too little too late.

Ian
User avatar
Ride-sleep-repeat
Posts: 262
Joined: 24 Nov 2020, 11:58am

Re: Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Post by Ride-sleep-repeat »

I decided not to have the vaccine more or less straight away.From the shambles that has followed since the roll-out I am now completely happy I made the right choice!
What's to stop these idiots changing the 12 weeks to 24 weeks?What's to stop them not giving the second vaccination at all?
Anything is possible with this incompetent Government.
My missus on the other hand has done a u-turn(no she's not a Tory MP :lol: ) and is now thinking of having it....if she eventually gets offered it :roll:
Jdsk
Posts: 7207
Joined: 5 Mar 2019, 5:42pm

Re: Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Post by Jdsk »

Ride-sleep-repeat wrote:I decided not to have the vaccine more or less straight away.From the shambles that has followed since the roll-out I am now completely happy I made the right choice!

The roll-out has been slow (for uncertain reasons) and the communication has been very poor (as usual) and the recruitment bureaucratic. But this is not a shambles in the same way as testing or test/trace/isolate. Some of the big centres start today and that should help.

Ride-sleep-repeat wrote:What's to stop these idiots changing the 12 weeks to 24 weeks?What's to stop them not giving the second vaccination at all?
Anything is possible with this incompetent Government

The advice comes from JCVI and is published:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/jcvi ... 19-vaccine
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/stat ... 9-vaccines
In this instance national policy is following the scientific advice.

Jonathan
User avatar
Ride-sleep-repeat
Posts: 262
Joined: 24 Nov 2020, 11:58am

Re: Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Post by Ride-sleep-repeat »

Jdsk wrote:The advice comes from JCVI and is published:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/jcvi ... 19-vaccine
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/stat ... 9-vaccines
In this instance national policy is following the scientific advice.

All well and good if the Govt stick to those recommendations.From their track record I'm not holding my breath!
northerncyclist
Posts: 43
Joined: 10 Oct 2020, 6:58pm

Re: Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Post by northerncyclist »

The government are doing a great job with the vaccine...Name a country with a similar population that is doing better ...I can name a lot that are doing worse and some are in Europe. Israel and Bahrain are doing better but with their population and median age it is much easier for them.

Two doses seperated by 12 weeks will save some people from dying of that there is no doubt. I cannot believe how selfish some people are arguing for a little extra protection even though the first dose will keep them out of hospital. They are basically saying.... I dont care about other people that will die waiting for the first dose.....The only exception to this statement being NHS workers who should have a choice imo of 2 or 12 weeks between doses.
reohn2
Posts: 40711
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Post by reohn2 »

Psamathe wrote:
reohn2 wrote:....
EDIT; just to add that I simply do not believe the lack of speed in inoculation of the country is the fault of NHS bureaucracy.
The government can override such bureaucracy in time of crisis such as this,healthcare professionals are queuing up to be reinstated for the task in hand,it's the government and it alone that's standing in the way of inoculation of the country against this virus.
This government has been incompetent to an incredible and unbelievable degree from day one! :twisted:

Had our politicians had any sort of plan or even thought ahead then they could have been training these volunteers in de-radicalisation, fire-drills, etc. back last autumn - so they'd be up and going already. These sorts of things should not be identified now and "we're going to sort it out asap". They should have sorted this stuff out long ago so it would already be happening.

Similarly they could have already had all the pharmacies (who e.g. already do flu vaccinations) signed-up and already carrying out vaccinations. Instead of which it's left until after it's needed.

Instead they wait for Johnson to set some sound bite targets and only then do they start making any plans or looking to how they are actually going to carry out these vaccinations.

As with pretty well everything these days, too little too late.

Ian

+1
It's what you get when the country's run by clowns who couldn't run a bath let alone a country :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I hope those who voted this shower in are happy with their choice! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by reohn2 on 11 Jan 2021, 1:26pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
reohn2
Posts: 40711
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Post by reohn2 »

simonineaston wrote:I think part of the trouble with modern life is that there are simply too many quasi-competant agencies, all geared up to cheerfully pass the buck on and whip out a dozen faux-reasons that it's not their fault.
It was different when we all lived in hamlets and poked about in mud for turnips and acorns. Back then, we knew what was what.

?
It would be better if those who vote think outside their own selfish wants,and money that's splashed about like confetti by media moguls and oligarchs to sponsor outright liars,was replaced by solid truthful agrument and those making false claims,held accountable by law when telling blatant lies wrapped in threat aimed at any other party than there own.
The current situation has come about by the exact opposite of politicians promising the earth and not delivering so much as a grain of sand or clod of earth where those turnips and acorns grow!
-----------------------------------------------------------
reohn2
Posts: 40711
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Post by reohn2 »

[quote="northerncyclist"]The government are doing a great job with the vaccine...[/ quote]
Oh yeah?
Pull the other one it's got bells on!
-----------------------------------------------------------
northerncyclist
Posts: 43
Joined: 10 Oct 2020, 6:58pm

Re: Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Post by northerncyclist »

northerncyclist wrote:The government are doing a great job with the vaccine...[/ quote]
Oh yeah?
Pull the other one it's got bells on!



Absolutely fine to disagree with me but I find your argument against what I said rather weak at the moment...
UpWrong
Posts: 1131
Joined: 31 May 2009, 12:16pm
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire

Re: Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Post by UpWrong »

My wife had the vaccine on Dec 15th, my mum had hers today, I get mine on Weds.

The Mrs was due for her 2nd last saturday but it's been postponed. I'm not worried, we both had COVID back in March so the first jab is our booster :lol:
Post Reply