Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Would you like to be vaccinated against CV soon?

Yes
78%
Tend to yes
3%
Tend to no
1%
No
6%
Never
4%
Don't know yet, maybe later
7%

Total votes: 209

simonineaston

Re: Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Post by simonineaston »

I think you are being very generous to them. What they were actually saying is they didn't want any of that foreign muck in them. I’ve no doubt they voted for Brexit :D
Haha - yes, I think you're right - that was the gist of their objection! The unpleasant side of me might be thinking "that's alright - you can have the Oxford jobbie - just pop to the back of the queue, would you?" :lol:
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

"Jag" to me means drinking etc session e.g. "gin jag", "speed jag". Maybe just a sub-culture usage, time and era specific!
Syd

Post by Syd »

Critical Care in my hospital hit surge capacity today. It came nowhere close during wave one.

Widespread vaccination can’t come quick enough.
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

Latest!! PM claims new Personal Best for UK, proof that restored Sovereignty making Britain Great again. Highest daily covid deaths figure! And confidently promises to continue achieving a new PB EVERY day!
All hail the great leader!
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Syd wrote:Critical Care in my hospital hit surge capacity today. It came nowhere close during wave one.

We're in a whole heap of trouble, aren't we.
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

Bonefishblues wrote:
Syd wrote:Critical Care in my hospital hit surge capacity today. It came nowhere close during wave one.

We're in a whole heap of trouble, aren't we.

Aye, no need for an interrogative.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

The good news at a personal level is that two of my octogenarian neighbours - whose houses I can see from the kitchen window - received appointments for their first injection. The bad news is that I hear both have now been cancelled. (Source = a septuagenarian neighbour who lives closer to both than I do.)
ossie

Post by ossie »

djnotts wrote:Latest!! PM claims new Personal Best for UK, proof that restored Sovereignty making Britain Great again. Highest daily covid deaths figure! And confidently promises to continue achieving a new PB EVERY day!
All hail the great leader!

What an odd post.

Much of the spread needs to be blamed on the larger than average social demographic who really couldn't care less. We've always been No 1 in that regard no matter what any Government throws at it. That said our friends across the pond are giving us a run for our money.

I know numerous people at various hospitals and its now on most wards. The local Police now have a 12% infection rate to boot.

London traffic today at 0945 hrs with essential journeys only apparently (orange and red is obviously traffic)
Attachments
PXL_20210108_121739855.jpg
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

"odd"? Just a little flippant sarcasm.
It was the government"s job to make the "couldn't care less" care. Johnson, from a mix of expediency and libertarian conservatism, did too little too late. And then didn't dare face down the "we must have xmas" brigade.
Bad stuff coming.
Ride-sleep-repeat

Post by Ride-sleep-repeat »

I read that in France they're only expecting a 40% take up.
Can any of our members currently residing there offer an opinion as to why the figure is so 'low'?
northerncyclist

Post by northerncyclist »

So much negativity to the government. Some facts ....

We started vaccinating about one month before the rest of Europe...France managed 500 in a week once they started rolling it out, Italy at this moment in time expects a low take up of the vaccine which could be due to years of mistrust and corrupt government, In Thailand you can get a vaccine at 100 U.S. dollars per dose with no chance of cheaper any time soon. ....Meanwhile in the U.K. we have a choice take a FREE vaccine or not and for most this will bein Feb / March. For that I give credit to Hancock and Nadim Zahawi ...It seems to me some people cannot give praise where it is deserved and would rather complain.

In this situation you will find fault if you look hard enough. Clearly some would rather make a political point and see failure than complement what has been up to now a very impressive vaccine roll out.

Just to add I voted remain, I dont vote Tory and I had hoped to retire to Spain before Brexit ruined that idea.
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

I agree that vaccination is the one thing that HMG appears to be handling well, although I very much doubt that the expected numbers will happen by mid-February. End March maybe.
As for $100 a shot in Thailand..... where's my passport. I would happily pay a grand now - where's the private sector when one actually needs it?
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

The Pfizer vaccine is now being administered outside the evidence

My second shot on Thursday has been cancelled and delayed by up to 12 weeks. I am also not guaranteed that it will be the Pfizer vaccine.

Both of these would compromise the efficiency and compromise the immunity

No problem with the vaccine, but unless the evidence changes, I am guaranteed that the Pfizer vaccine will be administered and within the evidenced guidelines the answer is no to the second vaccine injection.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Cunobelin wrote:The Pfizer vaccine is now being administered outside the evidence

My second shot on Thursday has been cancelled and delayed by up to 12 weeks. I am also not guaranteed that it will be the Pfizer vaccine.

Both of these would compromise the efficiency and compromise the immunity

No problem with the vaccine, but unless the evidence changes, I am guaranteed that the Pfizer vaccine will be administered and within the evidenced guidelines the answer is no to the second vaccine injection.

This is a difficult point, but the new regimes aren't "outside the evidence" although they're different from those used in the initial trials. The evidence that was used in their approval included both some observations from within the trials other than efficacy of prevention of disease and immunological plausibility from expert knowledge of the processes.

This is not highly contentious among immunologists. and I recommend that anyone hesitant trusts the regulators. I hope that direct evidence of the efficacy of the new regimes is gathered as they are used.

Jonathan
colin54

Post by colin54 »

I listened to this interesting programme 'Inside Science', where two experts in the field discuss the issues both positive and negative bought up by delaying the second dose of whichever vaccine is used. There is some basic information on how both the vaccines work and have been tested so a handy primer on the subject I think. About half an hour long at the beginning of the programme.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000qy0h
Nu-Fogey