Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Would you like to be vaccinated against CV soon?

Yes
78%
Tend to yes
3%
Tend to no
1%
No
6%
Never
4%
Don't know yet, maybe later
7%

Total votes: 209

roubaixtuesday

Re: Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Post by roubaixtuesday »

Ride-sleep-repeat wrote:'Victims' are created by 'bullies'.

I've not seen any bullying here. I'm sure you can link to it though?

Until we see any actual bullying, we must search for another cause for your attempt to martyr yourself.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Ride-sleep-repeat wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:
If you want to have it,then have it.If you don't,then don't.That should be the end of it.Sadly it never is and people demand reasons and if they don't agree ...

Except that too many who don't want to have it also peddle nonsense about both the virus and the injection. Ok, so they have freedom of speech. But they do not have freedom to try to stop the vulnerable having the vaccination. And they do not have the right or freedom to any platform they wish.

Everyone has a right to an opinion no?I'm not aware of anyone on here trying to stop anyone from having the jab?I'm also not aware of any Covid deniers(I might have missed posts).
The point is anyone who says they don't want the vaccine is immediately labelled an 'anti'.I'm sure in most cases,as in mine,this is simply not the case but they are treated as such regardless.
"You don't agree with me so you are an anti-vaxxer".Full stop" seems to be the case on this thread.

roubaixtuesday wrote:
Ride-sleep-repeat wrote:You only have to look at what has happened on these pages to those who don't share the 'majorities' enthusiasm for this.

The impermeable shield of victimhood.

My point proven right there.
'Victims' are created by 'bullies'.
It's difficult to believe that we're actually in the 21stC and not the middle ages the way people are reacting.I'm waiting for the call to burn at the stake anyone who doesn't have the vaccine :roll:

Would any member actually ask a person they met out on the road if they'd had the vaccine?Would they then have a rant at them?
I very much doubt it.

You joined in November. You missed the posts I referred to. Everyone has a right to an opinions. No forum has an obligation to host dangerous nonsense.
John
niggle

Post by niggle »

roubaixtuesday wrote:
Ride-sleep-repeat wrote:'Victims' are created by 'bullies'.

I've not seen any bullying here. I'm sure you can link to it though?

Until we see any actual bullying, we must search for another cause for your attempt to martyr yourself.

I have read back through Ride-sleep-repeat’s posts and to sum up, this person, who says that they will not have the vaccine, has at first attempted to explain their position through misinformation that was thoroughly debunked, then gone all coy saying it is their right to make that decision and they just don’t want to have it.

I agree that people with capacity have the right to make their own decisions, good, bad or indifferent, but there is a caveat to that if a person’s decision has, or potentially has, a negative impact on others, which it does have in this case.

However stating that they ‘just don’t want to have it’ on this forum where the issue is being discussed and then claiming victimhood when challenged on their reasoning (or lack of) is quite odd because they are completely at liberty to just leave the thread and avoid all the challenging. ‘I just don’t want to’ is also suspect because making decisions on that basis is either because they don’t want to lose face by admitting they are wrong (a very normal but unhelpful reaction when someone is beaten in a discussion) or they know that their real reasons are irrational and will not stand up to scrutiny.
ossie

Post by ossie »

Sorry to shove into the argument but the vaccine is now open for those aged 56 an over

enjoy
CJ

Post by CJ »

Ride-sleep-repeat wrote:I'm waiting for the call to burn at the stake anyone who doesn't have the vaccine :roll:

I would defend your right to say No to the vaccine, but think you should acknowledge that such a decision does not merely increase your personal risk of disease, but the risks faced by others.

Your personal risk is entirely your business (which is why compulsory helmets are wrong), but anything that increases the risk to us all is a matter society has a right to make rules about. And unlike a bare-headed cyclist, who is no more danger to anyone else (probably less so than a 'suitably' helmetted road warrior), an unvaccinated person is a potential mass-production virus factory and spreader! And society does have a right to restrict the freedoms of those who willfully put the rest of us at risk.

I say willfully, because there are a few people who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons. And sadly, these individuals are at great and immediate risk from the free movement of other unvaccinated people around them. In order that these individuals might eventually feel safe enough to lower their shields and re-enter society, it is necessary that everyone who possibly can take the vaccine, does take the vaccine, and that those who willfully won't, are kept away.

But the vaccinated majory (let's hope it soon is a majority) are also at risk, albeit not so immediately, from the circulation of significant numbers of unvaccinated people. That's because the more often this virus reproduces, the more opportunities it has to mutate into new variants. So far we've been lucky: all the 'successful' variants seem to be near-enough to the original one for our vaccines to confer a good-enough level of resistance. But sooner or later this virus will almost certainly mutate into a form that requires a new vaccine, that cannot be deployed immediately. The more bodies available for existing strains to multiply and mutate in, the sooner that will happen. So even if you don't care about your personal risk of harm from becoming a virus factory, society cares very much about the risk to the rest of us of your unconscious manufacture and delivery, of a vaccine-resistant strain to us all.

Burning at the stake is going too far. Even imprisonment seems harsh. But those who selfishly refuse to be vaccinated can rightly expect to be shunned. If you are content to be a hermit, all well and good: go ahead, say no to the vaccine. I said I would defend your right to do that and I meant it. But don't expect me to shake your hand.
Chris Juden
One lady owner, never raced or jumped.
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

What CJ says, but I wouldn't go so easy on the self-centred refusers.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I see that "a leading motoring lawyer" AKA Mr Loophole has got a bit of publicity on this theme

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/0 ... ronavirus/
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Interesting (but maybe not unexpected?)
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/mar/09/instagram-led-users-to-covid-misinformation-amid-pandemic-report wrote:
Instagram led users to Covid misinformation amid pandemic – report

Some posts claimed there was no pandemic and others called on people not to get tested or wear masks, the Center for Countering Digital Hate found. ...
Instagram’s recommendations were pushing users toward Covid misinformation, anti-vaccination content and antisemitic material during the peak of the pandemic, according to a report from a social media watchdog.

The Center for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH) found that new Instagram accounts were shown substantial quantities of misinformation through the platform’s algorithmic recommendations, including the “explore” page and the “suggested post” feature, which was introduced in August 2020 and serves up new posts to users who have scrolled through all their friends’ content.

Misinformation was most frequently shown to new users who followed a mix of accounts on the platform that included leading anti-vaccination personalities or wellness influencers, according to CCDH’s report, Malgorithm.
...Imran Ahmed. “This feature was created in the name of profit, to keep people scrolling so more adverts could be served to them.

Ian
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

I wonder how many folk have been seriously ill with Covid and how many are suffering from long Covid both undesirable consequences of Covid one might want to avoid by getting vaccinated? It aint just the 125000!

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Ride-sleep-repeat

Post by Ride-sleep-repeat »

I tried to reply to all the recent posts but unfortunately a Moderator deleted my post so if you want to know what the contents were you'll need to take it up with them.
al_yrpal wrote:I wonder how many folk have been seriously ill with Covid and how many are suffering from long Covid both undesirable consequences of Covid one might want to avoid by getting vaccinated? It aint just the 125000!
Al

I take it you read my post before it was deleted Al so I can at least reply to you.
You are probably correct that it is more than 125,000 but it is also aint no where near 67+million either!As I stated in my deleted post the numbers just do not add up.
Roughly 600,000 die every year in the UK and will continue to do so vaccine or no vaccine.I really don't understand why there's so much emphasis on those that die(or die within 28 days of a positive test) from Covid.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Ride-sleep-repeat wrote:Roughly 600,000 die every year in the UK and will continue to do so vaccine or no vaccine.I really don't understand why there's so much emphasis on those that die(or die within 28 days of a positive test) from Covid.

Are you saying that no more people died in the last year in the UK than in previous years?

Thanks

Jonathan
Phileas

Post by Phileas »

Ride-sleep-repeat wrote:Roughly 600,000 die every year in the UK and will continue to do so vaccine or no vaccine.I really don't understand why there's so much emphasis on those that die(or die within 28 days of a positive test) from Covid.

And how many do you think would have died without lockdowns or vaccines?
You say the sums don’t add up but if you showed us your calculations everyone could see exactly why you are wrong.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Presumably, flu deaths are down this winter.
John
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Yes.

Jonathan
wjhall

Post by wjhall »

As I received the first dose three weeks ago I decided that it was time to vote yes.