Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Would you like to be vaccinated against CV soon?

Yes
78%
Tend to yes
3%
Tend to no
1%
No
6%
Never
4%
Don't know yet, maybe later
7%

Total votes: 209

pwa

Re: Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Post by pwa »

According to the official tally of daily reported Covid cases (yes, I know, to be taken with a health warning) the decline in the number of cases reported each day, which had been levelling off, has started to take a nose dive over the last week or so. The lockdown restrictions haven't increased, so the other obvious explanation could be vaccination reducing either symptoms (so people don't get tested) or transmission...........
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

In other news, Boris Johnson is considering changing the National Anthem to Vaccine sung by Dolly Parton (she's considering this, subject to adequate social distancing.)
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

thirdcrank wrote:In other news, Boris Johnson is considering changing the National Anthem to Vaccine sung by Dolly Parton (she's considering this, subject to adequate social distancing.)

Not sure there's an adequate social distance from Boris for ladies is there ;)
slowster

Post by slowster »

thirdcrank wrote:In other news, Boris Johnson is considering changing the National Anthem to Vaccine sung by Dolly Parton (she's considering this, subject to adequate social distancing.)

Separation by the Atlantic Ocean is pretty good distancing. Boris Johnson in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean would be even better.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Separation by the Atlantic seems a good ideas indeed. Will Boston take Johnson.
John
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

Rather than change the Anthem could we not swop Johnson for Parton? She's so much more attractive in every sense.,
niggle

Post by niggle »

Had to vote yes, seeing as I had my first AstraZeneca jab two weeks ago 8) I am type 2 diabetic (mild) and 57 with a history of asthma (not had an attack for donkeys years).
Ride-sleep-repeat

Post by Ride-sleep-repeat »

Psamathe wrote:It's very easy for a vaccine hesitant individual to respond "No" to a poll (probably remotely over the telephone or internet) but a very different question when considering their own freedoms, the safety of their family and risks of long-Covid, etc. - so an easy anonymous "No" may easily change to being vaccinated.

Good point.
It is also entirely possible that an anonymous 'Yes' could really be a 'No'.
People,especially on Social media,sometimes 'go with the crowd' for fear of wrongly being branded this or that if they go against what is seen as the 'right' thing to do.It happens all the time and not just regarding the vaccine.Some folk are really scared of being singled out and possibly bullied for their views and/or decisions.
You only have to look at what has happened on these pages to those who don't share the 'majorities' enthusiasm for this.OK so it's quite civilised(mostly) on here but the not so nice pressure could be extremely disturbing for certain members of society who use Social Media platforms.I see it every day.
If you want to have it,then have it.If you don't,then don't.That should be the end of it.Sadly it never is and people demand reasons and if they don't agree with your reasons you are branded anti-this,anti-that.
The only 'anti-anything' I am is anti-discrimination.Unfortunately the way this is going there will be a hell of a lot of people discriminated against for a simple yes or no decision.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Ride-sleep-repeat wrote:You only have to look at what has happened on these pages to those who don't share the 'majorities' enthusiasm for this.

What happened to whom? I saw attempts to keep the debate within reasonable distance of the evidence and criticism of spreading FUD during a public health emergency.

Jonathan
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

If you want to have it,then have it.If you don't,then don't.That should be the end of it.Sadly it never is and people demand reasons and if they don't agree ...

Except that too many who don't want to have it also peddle nonsense about both the virus and the injection. Ok, so they have freedom of speech. But they do not have freedom to try to stop the vulnerable having the vaccination. And they do not have the right or freedom to any platform they wish.
Last edited by Oldjohnw on 6 Mar 2021, 5:25am, edited 1 time in total.
John
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

Ride-sleep-repeat wrote:You only have to look at what has happened on these pages to those who don't share the 'majorities' enthusiasm for this.

The impermeable shield of victimhood.
niggle

Post by niggle »

I have not read the thread, it being 88 pages long, but “in a nutshell” what are the key reasons stated for not having the vaccine?
Ride-sleep-repeat

Post by Ride-sleep-repeat »

Oldjohnw wrote:
If you want to have it,then have it.If you don't,then don't.That should be the end of it.Sadly it never is and people demand reasons and if they don't agree ...

Except that too many who don't want to have it also peddle nonsense about both the virus and the injection. Ok, so they have freedom of speech. But they do not have freedom to try to stop the vulnerable having the vaccination. And they do not have the right or freedom to any platform they wish.

Everyone has a right to an opinion no?I'm not aware of anyone on here trying to stop anyone from having the jab?I'm also not aware of any Covid deniers(I might have missed posts).
The point is anyone who says they don't want the vaccine is immediately labelled an 'anti'.I'm sure in most cases,as in mine,this is simply not the case but they are treated as such regardless.
"You don't agree with me so you are an anti-vaxxer".Full stop" seems to be the case on this thread.

roubaixtuesday wrote:

The impermeable shield of victimhood.

My point proven right there.
'Victims' are created by 'bullies'.
It's difficult to believe that we're actually in the 21stC and not the middle ages the way people are reacting.I'm waiting for the call to burn at the stake anyone who doesn't have the vaccine :roll:

Would any member actually ask a person they met out on the road if they'd had the vaccine?Would they then have a rant at them?
I very much doubt it.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

niggle wrote:I have not read the thread, it being 88 pages long, but “in a nutshell” what are the key reasons stated for not having the vaccine?

Sorry, I don't know a way to answer that sails between the Scylla of misrepresentation and the Charybdis of FUD.

Jonathan
niggle

Post by niggle »

Jdsk wrote:
niggle wrote:I have not read the thread, it being 88 pages long, but “in a nutshell” what are the key reasons stated for not having the vaccine?

Sorry, I don't know a way to answer that sails between the Scylla of misrepresentation and the Charybdis of FUD.

Jonathan

Well that’s all Greek to me :wink: