Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Would you like to be vaccinated against CV soon?

Yes
78%
Tend to yes
3%
Tend to no
1%
No
6%
Never
4%
Don't know yet, maybe later
7%

Total votes: 209

Psamathe

Re: Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Post by Psamathe »

Not relevant to vaccines (but I don't want to start yet another Covid thread) but some interesting news on treatment for Covid
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-antibody-drug-deaths-hospital-b1815661.html wrote:Drug blocks Covid-19 from healthy cells and clears infected cells by mimicking human antibodies.
A drug containing a lab-produced ‘antibody’ reduces hospital admission or death from Covid-19 by 85 per cent, its maker GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) has announced.

VIR-7813, created by GSK and Vir Biotechnology, is a new treatment for those with mild to moderate illness. However, a trial using the drug on very sick patients was halted last week due to a lack of benefit.

It contains monoclonal antibodies — laboratory-produced molecules that mimic human antibodies.

Due to its success, the global phase 3 clinical trial was stopped early with plans to immediately seek an emergency use authorisation in the United States and approval in other countries, including potentially the UK.

Initial analysis of the trials was based on data from 583 patients at risk of hospital admission. It found that hospital admissions or death were reduced by 85 per cent.

Ian
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

An interesting step by Biden to speed the US vaccination program by allowing vets & dentists to administer the vaccine (https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/biden-covid-vaccine-dentists-vets-b1816144.html). Makes sense; one job in the jungle I "suffered" and no hospitals nearby and got treated by local vets so I'd have no problem seeing a vet rather than a human Dr/nurse.

Ian
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Looks like cycling to a vaccination centre is "not accepted"
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/covid-vaccine-appointment-man-bicycle-b1827768.html wrote:Man turned away from Covid vaccine appointment because he arrived on a bicycle
A man said he was turned away from his Covid vaccination appointment because he turned up on a bicycle.

John Cooper said he was furious after being denied access as his invitation letter did not state that the Carmarthen facility was drive-through only.

He had ridden from Ammanford to Swansea on his bicycle before catching the train to Carmarthen and riding to the centre.

"Why didn't it say in my letter of invitation that this was a drive-through facility? Of course then I would have phoned the number given and rearranged the appointment," Mr Cooper told WalesOnline.
Ian
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Psamathe wrote: 7 Apr 2021, 11:42am Looks like cycling to a vaccination centre is "not accepted"

Ian
I think it depends on area? Friends in Essex have arrived by bike without any problem. If I understood correctly, pedestrians & cyclists were allowed to leave straight away, whilst those who drove had to wait 15 minutes before they left, presumably to avoid problems resulting from a severe reaction whilst driving.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
VinceLedge

Post by VinceLedge »

There would certainly be no problem cycling or walking to the centres local to me and those in Edinburgh.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Vorpal wrote: 7 Apr 2021, 12:15pm
Psamathe wrote: 7 Apr 2021, 11:42am Looks like cycling to a vaccination centre is "not accepted"

Ian
I think it depends on area? Friends in Essex have arrived by bike without any problem. If I understood correctly, pedestrians & cyclists were allowed to leave straight away, whilst those who drove had to wait 15 minutes before they left, presumably to avoid problems resulting from a severe reaction whilst driving.
My experience. I walked a couple of miles each way because of snow. I was able to return immediately.
John
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

I'm beginning to think some were correct, and we are being injected with a chip ........ My hair is more like Boris' every day :lol: :lol:
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

Oldjohnw wrote: 7 Apr 2021, 12:32pm

Ian
My experience. I walked a couple of miles each way because of snow. I was able to return immediately.
Whether you have to wait depends on what vaccine you received. For the Pfizer one you are required to sit and wait for 20minutes regardless of mode of transport, as this vaccine can cause a shock or similar reaction in a small number of people.
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

MikeF wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 9:55pm ...
Whether you have to wait depends on what vaccine you received. For the Pfizer one you are required to sit and wait for 20minutes regardless of mode of transport, as this vaccine can cause a shock or similar reaction in a small number of people.
[/quote]

Thanks - I didn't know that although I was just stating my experience. I had Astra Zenica.
John
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Looks like cycling to a vaccination centre is "not accepted"
Perhaps a fine difference, but the quoted report suggests that cycling through a drive-in centre was not accepted. The invitation should have made it clear. FWIW, we've now had our telephoned invitations to go for our second jabs. The call took all of 45 seconds.
geocycle

Post by geocycle »

Ian
I did, in fact I managed a 15 miler on the way to the town hall! They were concerned to ask whether I’d driven but were a bit taken a back when I mentioned I’d ridden.
Thehairs1970

Post by Thehairs1970 »

I cycled to the centre too. Had to wait 10 minutes after jab.
mjr

Post by mjr »

Booking now opened to over 45s.

I intend to cycle to the town hall once my turn comes. I know others who cycled to their centres in Norfolk. Once I park, they won't know how I arrived.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

mjr wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 10:20am Booking now opened to over 45s.

I intend to cycle to the town hall once my turn comes. I know others who cycled to their centres in Norfolk. Once I park, they won't know how I arrived.
Oh to be so youthful! :D
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
pwu

Post by pwu »

fastpedaller wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 10:52am I'm beginning to think some were correct, and we are being injected with a chip ........ My hair is more like Boris' every day :lol: :lol:
pwu wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 6:23am The vaccine mutates the DNA that controls hair. It replaces your head hair/facial hair/old man ear hair/nose hair/eyebrows/eyelashes/body hair/leg hair/armpits hair etc with PUBES :shock: . Its a conspiracy between big pharma and big grooming. Think how much money they're going to make from selling razors, hair straighteners, hair removal creams/wax, hair dye, shampoo and hats.