Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Would you like to be vaccinated against CV soon?

Yes
74%
Tend to yes
5%
Tend to no
2%
No
6%
Never
5%
Don't know yet, maybe later
8%

Total votes: 151

Paulatic

Re: Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Postby Paulatic » 6 Jan 2021, 5:14pm

I’ve plenty of experience do you think they’ll want me?
Used to do around 4000 vaccines a year. 300/ hr for sheep and around 50/ hour for cattle.
Can’t understand why they don’t get everyone to stand socially distanced along a road with sleeve rolled up and some one walks down and jags them.
Flu vaccine this year was a socially distanced game of musical chairs moving through the system. Because the vaccinator is stationary so much time is lost shepherding people. I’d guess the system was no faster than 30-40 people/ hr.
And taking 3 full time people to achieve it. :(
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info

Psamathe

Postby Psamathe » 6 Jan 2021, 9:47pm

I see the UK is now allowing mixing vaccines! 1st and 2nd shorts from different manufacturers; or maybe they mean mixing vials and injecting the mixture (sound even more questionable to me).
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/06/whats-the-scientific-basis-for-delaying-the-covid-vaccine-second-dose wrote:UK health officials also allowing combining doses from different manufacturers

Ian

irc

Postby irc » 7 Jan 2021, 5:41pm

irc wrote:
Pebble wrote:
irc wrote:Get my vaccine tomorrow.

my 85 yo mother gets hers tomorrow too.
what are you getting the pfizer or the oxford ?

lets hope this is one program the gov delivers before time

Not been told which one. I'll take either.

I got the Pfizer jab. At the Louisa Jordan temp hosp in Glasgow today . Very efficient. Plenty stewards sending people round the one way system. Names checked against a list on the way in. The nurse doing the jab brought my details up on a tablet. Only around 5 minutes in a queue. I arrived a bit early due to train times and was back out the door before my appt time.

Oldjohnw

Postby Oldjohnw » 7 Jan 2021, 5:53pm

It looks like the government has at last seen sense. They are using the NHS, pharmacists, local public health and the military. They don't appear to have recruited one of their mates to set up a business to do it this time.
John

Paulatic

Postby Paulatic » 7 Jan 2021, 6:00pm

irc wrote:[

I got the Pfizer jab. At the Louisa Jordan temp hosp in Glasgow today . Very efficient. Plenty stewards sending people round the one way system. Names checked against a list on the way in. The nurse doing the jab brought my details up on a tablet. Only around 5 minutes in a queue. I arrived a bit early due to train times and was back out the door before my appt time.

Jab?

In Glasgow, is it the norm?

E2E info

irc

Postby irc » 7 Jan 2021, 6:15pm

Paulatic wrote:

Jab?

Doesn't everyone use "jab" for injection?

Paulatic

Postby Paulatic » 7 Jan 2021, 6:22pm

irc wrote:
Paulatic wrote:

Jab?

I know what people mean when they say jab but until just now never known a Scotsman use it. ( I’ve always assumed you were born in Glasgow but perhaps I’m wrong on that)
Every farmer, vet, nurse, doctor I know will say jag. ( jag I believe is Scots for prick)

E2E info

Pebble

Postby Pebble » 7 Jan 2021, 6:27pm

irc wrote:
irc wrote:
Pebble wrote:my 85 yo mother gets hers tomorrow too.
what are you getting the pfizer or the oxford ?

lets hope this is one program the gov delivers before time

Not been told which one. I'll take either.

excellent, it is great t is all under way

Mother got hers today, she asked which one it was but they just told it was for covid ?

simonineaston

Postby simonineaston » 7 Jan 2021, 6:39pm

today's interesting factoid: vets can practice on humans, but doctors can't practice as a vetinary - confirm, anyone?
today's balmy factoid: some folks are turning down the Pfizer, in favour of waiting for the home-grown jobbie - me, I'll take whatever's offered thanks, on the basis that "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"...
byyeee,
SiE

Paulatic

Postby Paulatic » 7 Jan 2021, 6:50pm

simonineaston wrote:today's interesting factoid: vets can practice on humans, but doctors can't practice as a vetinary - confirm, anyone?
today's balmy factoid: some folks are turning down the Pfizer, in favour of waiting for the home-grown jobbie - me, I'll take whatever's offered thanks, on the basis that "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"...

True. Vets I believe do more studying than doctors.

Having said that I was 1400 foot up a hillside with a vet, a colleague, and a prolapsed cow. While working with the cow the colleague was badly trampled by the cow. No phone signal and three miles from the nearest house. The vet wasn’t too keen to be left with the injured man while I went to get help. I reminded him he was more qualified than I was. :lol:

E2E info

Paulatic

Postby Paulatic » 7 Jan 2021, 6:54pm

Oldjohnw wrote:It looks like the government has at last seen sense. They are using the NHS, pharmacists, local public health and the military. They don't appear to have recruited one of their mates to set up a business to do it this time.

I’d wait and see what this "new National booking system" actually is before getting too excited.

E2E info

Paulatic

Postby Paulatic » 7 Jan 2021, 6:58pm

simonineaston wrote:today's interesting factoid: vets can practice on humans, but doctors can't practice as a vetinary - confirm, anyone?

True. Vets I believe do more studying than doctors.

Having said that I was 1400 foot up a hillside with a vet, a colleague, and a prolapsed cow. While working with the cow the colleague was badly trampled by the cow. No phone signal and three miles from the nearest house. The vet wasn’t too keen to be left with the injured man while I went to get help. I reminded him he was more qualified than I was. :lol:

some folks are turning down the Pfizer, in favour of waiting for the home-grown jobbie -
[/quote] I think you are being very generous to them. What they were actually saying is they didn't want any of that foreign muck in them. I’ve no doubt they voted for Brexit :D

E2E info

Jdsk

Postby Jdsk » 7 Jan 2021, 7:14pm

simonineaston wrote:... vets can practice on humans, but doctors can't practice as a vetinary - confirm, anyone?.

It might just depend on what you mean by "practice", but basically "No".

Paulatic wrote:Vets I believe do more studying than doctors.

Do you mean length of initial training up to qualification or something else?

Jonathan

Paulatic

Postby Paulatic » 7 Jan 2021, 7:26pm

Jdsk wrote:[
Paulatic wrote:Vets I believe do more studying than doctors.

Do you mean length of initial training up to qualification or something else?

Jonathan

I thought their university courses were longer to qualify.

Edit: Google I think this clears it up A spokeswoman for the British Veterinary Association pointed out that animals could not give their permission to have someone other than a vet treating them, whereas vets could treat humans, if the patients agreed.
I

E2E info

irc

Postby irc » 8 Jan 2021, 3:01pm

Paulatic wrote:
irc wrote:
Paulatic wrote:
Jab?

I know what people mean when they say jab but until just now never known a Scotsman use it. ( I’ve always assumed you were born in Glasgow but perhaps I’m wrong on that)
Every farmer, vet, nurse, doctor I know will say jag. ( jag I believe is Scots for prick)

I was born and brought up near Glasgow.

I thought both were used in Scotland. As per

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/loca ... b-23208211