Bath, shower, both, neither? Vote now please!

Bath, shower, both, neither?

Bath
15%
Shower
64%
Bath Plus: whirlpool
3%
Both
16%
Neither
3%

Total votes: 74

Oldjohnw

Re: Bath, shower, both, neither? Vote now please!

Post by Oldjohnw »

We are soon to move house. The bathroom needs refurbishment and we will remove the bath.
John
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

cyclop wrote: 24 May 2021, 8:10am Just installed two ,curved,shower door/screens onto our old bases.....
should have installed it vertically, the water would drain better
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Oldjohnw wrote: 24 May 2021, 9:08am We are soon to move house. The bathroom needs refurbishment and we will remove the bath.
We are moving soon, in the new bathroom they have removed the bath and put in a large shower head. We will be putting a bath back in because there is an electric shower in the ensuite. In the house I lived in in Oxfordshire we removed the bath and fitted a walk in shower, but its nice to have the choice of an occasional bath. There is a great looking hot tub in the new garden not mentioned in the particulars. I shall see if its working and if not fix it, spares seem to be readily available.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

al_yrpal wrote: 24 May 2021, 9:30am There is a great looking hot tub in the new garden not mentioned in the particulars. I shall see if its working and if not fix it, spares seem to be readily available.
Now that is a completely new topic/poll/discussion!
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

al_yrpal wrote: 24 May 2021, 9:30am
Oldjohnw wrote: 24 May 2021, 9:08am We are soon to move house. The bathroom needs refurbishment and we will remove the bath.
We are moving soon, in the new bathroom they have removed the bath and put in a large shower head. We will be putting a bath back in because there is an electric shower in the ensuite. In the house I lived in in Oxfordshire we removed the bath and fitted a walk in shower, but its nice to have the choice of an occasional bath. There is a great looking hot tub in the new garden not mentioned in the particulars. I shall see if its working and if not fix it, spares seem to be readily available.

Al
Understood. We will only have the one bathroom and no en-suite. So we are trying to future-proof as we move inexorably along life’s conveyor belt and will have a large walk-in shower. We currently have a very nice bath but I have been in only once in 10 years. At the last house where we spent 16 years we had two showers and no bath. So I guess I have had one bath in a quarter of a century.
John
Elizabeth_S

Post by Elizabeth_S »

I have 2 sons, the shorter one is 6ft 4 the taller 6ft 6, we have a small bathroom so a bath was never going to be big enough so we put in a large walk in shower, haven't regretted it in 20 years. Had to get the shower head at a very high height and they never move it down for me when they've finished! (I'm 5ft 7).
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

When we had the bathroom done we had a large shower with seat and safety bars installed because my FiL was living with us. We were going to forego a bath and use the space for a weights bench, but were persuaded otherwise by FiL & plumber: "easier to sell the house later on". Only one person has ever used the bath, just the once in 12 years. We did bath the dogs in it when they were pups, but that was that - couldn't lift them fully-grown.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Well, my partner loves a bath and has one every evening so putting a bath back in is essential. Theres also a bidet in the bathroom....luxury!
I only envisage using the hot tub in summer. Over the wall its set against is the pubs beer garden! We'll have to watch out for voyeurs...although 78 year old wrinkleys is probably not what they will have been expecting!

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
cyclop

Post by cyclop »

Pebble wrote: 24 May 2021, 9:15am
cyclop wrote: 24 May 2021, 8:10am Just installed two ,curved,shower door/screens onto our old bases.....
should have installed it vertically, the water would drain better
Booger,I wondered why it was a tad uncomfortable :(
arnsider

Post by arnsider »

Obviously this issue is personal.
Some people are OTT regarding hygeine whilst others just "smell"
My own regime was ruined with Covid 19 when the Pool/Gym I was a member at closed its Sauna, Steam room and Jaquzzi.
People take hot baths to resolve the aches and pains of exercise.
It's stupid to castigate them with nonsense about "wallowing in their own dirt"
I cannot wait to be able to relax with my old mates at our local spa pool.
I do have a bath and a shower, but miss communal dips.