Bath, shower, both, neither? Vote now please!

Bath, shower, both, neither?

Bath
15%
Shower
64%
Bath Plus: whirlpool
3%
Both
16%
Neither
3%

Total votes: 74

Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Bath, shower, both, neither?

Post by Mick F »

Cyril Haearn wrote:One often sees filmstars in the bath, but only their head and shoulders, the tub is full of foam. How on earth is that done?
Me?
Filmstar? :lol:
IMG_0655.JPG

I've completely re-done our bathroom, so the bath was taken outside.
Buckets of hot water poured in, then the hosepipe to mix in some cold. We both had a bath out there, but I'm not showing one of Mrs Mick F! :wink:

The bath is now given away and is in a new home locally, and I've installed a big walk-in shower cubicle.
Mick F. Cornwall
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Very good, looks like something out of Hollywood, or Hawaii five-oh, but how did you make the foam?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Cyril Haearn wrote: ................ how did you make the foam?
Bubble bath?

Actually, it was Dove Cream Bath.
https://www.dove.com/uk/washing-and-bat ... -soak.html
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Did you have an agitator in the mid section to make all those bubbles :lol:

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

No, just the cans of beer ........... Hobgoblin Gold. :D :D

The bath was bought second hand twenty odd years ago. It was used in a back garden for storing water to scoop up to mix cement!
We paid £50 for it. Acrylic and thick and is a two-man lift. Ball and claw feet.

We painted the outside a nice dark blue and the feet a matt white. Did us proud, but it's a BIG bath and we have a small bathroom and becuse of the rolled edges, it wasn't much good for a shower attachment against the wall as water would frequently go down the back.
Eventually, we decided to refurb the bathroom ............. new insulated floor and a new wash basin and loo, and as we used the shower more than the bath, decided to fit a proper shower unit and remove the bath completely.

I miss it, as I really love a bath and we have tons of hot water from the wood-burner, but having a shower unit is neater and tidier and far simpler then a shower in a bath. Given the space, we would have both shower unit and a bath.
Mick F. Cornwall
colin54

Post by colin54 »

An appropriate musical interlude , 'Singing in the Bathtub' from 1929 by The High Hatters, the water still feels warm 91 years later..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rj5OQirHfY
Nu-Fogey
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Go on then, since you're all asking ....................
IMG_0090.jpg
Mick F. Cornwall
colin54

Post by colin54 »

This now seems appropriate, 'Sinking in the Bathtub' a fantastic Loonie cartoon to the same tune from 1930.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kPhP3ZNw6A
Nu-Fogey
Cyril Haearn

Re: Bath, shower, both, neither? Vote now please!

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Yes, I may sing, I think no-one can hear :wink:

Got a new challenge today. Usually I bathe in the morning but I have a couple of appointments tomorrow so I plan to bathe this evening, just the thought of getting out of the bath into bed, +1!
But which is better, morning or evening ablutions?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Cyril Haearn wrote: 10 May 2021, 10:49amBut which is better, morning or evening ablutions?
It depends on when and whether you get dirty or sweaty.

Jonathan
rjb

Post by rjb »

Hats off to you. Chapeau. Rub a dub dub. 3 in a tub. When's sailor going in.
Wasn't it a bit chilly at Xmas.
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

Our neighbors had a water leak for months, all the company cared about was it was metered.

Taking that narrative I bath and rinse under a shower.

7 days a week on unmetered supply :D

Rest of house generally shower
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

I removed the bath completely a couple of years ago.We have a small bathroom anyway so just having a walk-in shower made more sense.Our bath was redundant once the kids started to grow up so it was just dead space.I was able to move the sink from under the window so we have a nice mirror on the wall above instead of a little thing on the windowsill 8)
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

rjb wrote: 10 May 2021, 11:01am Hats off to you. Chapeau. Rub a dub dub. 3 in a tub. When's sailor going in.
Wasn't it a bit chilly at Xmas.
The photos were actually taken 6th Sept last year.

Too late now, the bath was given away. The people who now have it (installed in their internal bathroom) have a sister of Sailor.
Dunno if she's been in it or not!
Mick F. Cornwall
cyclop

Post by cyclop »

Just installed two ,curved,shower door/screens onto our old bases.Went through my whole vocabulary of foul oaths but the result was worth the effort.Beautiful,frameless doors,sliding on proper bearings.....nice.Love my shower and,although we have a shortish bath,it never gets used.Although it,s been alluded to,no one has used the phrase "strip wash" the advantages of which,in order of importance to me are;warmer(in winter),quicker,less work(blading the shower),much less water and here,s the method;wet hair,shampoo and wash,with a flannel use the foam to wash upper body,rinse hair and torso and dry.Wash and rinse lower bits,dry vigorously,raising the heart rate for a bit extra warmth.Can be done and dusted in 5 mins and also can be done anywhere,anytime,with a bowl,bucket,saucepan,any damn thing.Joss Naylor,the champion fell runner-sheep farmer used to wash in the water trough in the farmyard.
P1010259.JPG