Chilblains Feet Toe

NATURAL ANKLING

Chilblains Feet Toe

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Had a problem with my second toe was red and swollen at the end a bit like an infection when you've damaged the nail et cetera.
Woke up one morning and it was really painful gave a bit of a prod with a pin, only blood May be a bit watery.
It got better during the day, after a walk later my right second toe started to itch like mad.
I should've guessed but my partner said chilblains.
Not suffered them for 35 years, after a period of inactivity and cold weather sitting around a lot.
I normally suffer warm feet more than cold feet, but I'm assuming that age and my problem with circulation in my right foot in particular has something to do with it.
My left foot second toe suffers now and again because I've damaged the nail through walking boots, so it rubs now and again.
Rubbing of course makes it flared up, and with chilblains so does warming up after cold.
At least I know what it is now, why second toes both feet? Probably has something to do with bloodflow.
And yes my problem is very minor I know :)
Attachments
Never pretty are they
Never pretty are they
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Jdsk

Re: Chilblains Feet Toe

Post by Jdsk »

NHS advice:
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/chilblains/

If you suspect infection rather than chilblains I recommend talking to your GP.

And the connection between chilblains, toe rashes and COVID-19 isn't clear yet, but there is one eg:
https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m2245

Jonathan
tel60

Post by tel60 »

Hi I have been using this cream to soothe and reduce the itching. Works for me.

https://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/balmosa-cream/prd-gul
Balmosa Cream is an analgesic rubefacient which works by producing a sensation of warmth on the skin to soothe and relieve the pain of unbroken chilblains and muscular aches and pains. Product Description. Usage / Instructions. Warnings.
VinceLedge

Post by VinceLedge »

That looks like paronychia, fungal nail bed infection, probably needs an antifungal and bacterial cream from the GP to clear it up. I get it occasionally, can be slow to go away even with treatment.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
VinceLedge wrote:That looks like paronychia, fungal nail bed infection, probably needs an antifungal and bacterial cream from the GP to clear it up. I get it occasionally, can be slow to go away even with treatment.

If that's a deduction from the picture of my foot? Why is both second toes affected only?
I never seen discolouration of my nails, but have suffered athlete's foot all my life, hence a long term sandal wearer :)
I suffer hot feet more than the reverse.
Thanks for all your replies, I did read NHS advice before posting and it said if symptoms exist for more than two weeks then seek advice from GP, IIRC.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

If you suspect infection I recommend talking to your GP, no need to wait for eg two weeks.

Jonathan
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

looks like chilblains to me, horrible things when they warm up, I get them at the beginning of the winter season, by Jan my body seems to learn how to keep warm? (4 hours today on the road around zero degees, and hands or feet never cold, )

I would guess something to do with fitting of shoe restricting blood flow to the same toe on each foot ?

(btw I have no formal medical knowledge, just an everyday enthusiastic hypochondriac)
jack1

Post by jack1 »

Hi, If you want to get rid of ((Chilblains) this is not a joke.I had a Butchers Shop for over 33yrs.the Shop next door was a greengrocers,Frank who owned the shop had suffered with Chilblains for many years.Which he said was extremely painful.To cut a long story short,he was told of a “CURE” please don’t dismiss what I am telling you,because a year later I to had a Chilblain.”VERY PAINFUL” First Wash” your foot or feet in “Warm Water” Dry them and then. (COVER THE TOE/TOES) **** With “VICK VAPOUR RUB” that you use normally on your chest.
This I done ,the “ PAIN” went within 2/3 mins. When waking up the next morning they had “GONE” I must stress this is (NOT a JOKE) it does Work.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Interesting, a bit like how to get rid of frown lines with Piles cream :mrgreen:
The weather is better so all the symptoms have gone.
Only the second time in my life, 1st was 35 years ago after a period of inactivity.
Thanks for the advice.
geomannie

Post by geomannie »

geomannie