cycling after cataract op advice

Audax67

Re: cycling after cataract op advice

Post by Audax67 »

philsknees wrote:Without wishing to hijack the thread, has anyone experienced laser removal of tissue overgrowth on the lens implant? After 10 years I'm currently putting up with this problem which is developing in my right eye and feel treatment may soon be preferable. Despite some comments upthread I've previously found the reassurances of the "professionals" to the effect that such procedures are completely painless can be sadly wide of the mark! (("Fool me once etc".....)

Tissue overgrowth, dunno, but the capsules containing the lenses started to rumple a couple of months after implantation, so my ophthalmologist popped them with a laser. Totally painless, but it left a lot of black debris floating in the humour. I also had a lot of bubbles form as well: these disappeared in a couple of hours but the debris took a long time to settle and the odd bit still swims into focus for an hour or two. The other annoyance is that when I drive at night the lights of oncoming cars throw diagonal rays across the retina, making it hard to see the road. No problem cycling, though, since I can look down at the road until they're past.
Have we got time for another cuppa?