Got Covid ! My experience...

rualexander

Re: Got Covid ! My experience...

Post by rualexander »

foxyrider wrote:I've not, as far as i can tell, had symptomatic Covid or anything like up to now but curiously the last couple of weeks i've been suffering with similar symptoms to yourself, general lethargy, muscle and joint pains - think a dose of flu but less extreme. indeed, i've not felt well enough to ride at all this last week although i have managed a short walk each day.

foxyrider wrote:Fairly certain my current malais is some form of flu.

Given that flu is virtually non existant this season due to the suppression measures in place against covid, whilst covid has been relatively prominant recently, there must be a reasonable suspicion that you actually had covid.
Should really have had a test.
fivebikes

Post by fivebikes »

Like many, I had symptoms in March last year that could have been COVID, but with testing unavailable, I’ll never know. My mum, on the other hand, tested positive in early January this year aged 89. She was tested because my brother, who has been supporting her tested positive as part of the short lived ‘back to school’ strategy after Christmas. Mum had a bit of a stomach upset, loss of smell and taste and a husky voice but was otherwise okay.
After the appropriate waiting period she had her first ‘jab’ and then, the following day, tripped at home and broke her hip.
She then had a long and troubled convalescence, with complications, possibly from COVID, making it worrying in the extreme..... a pulmonary embolism, post COVID delirium, plus a fungal mouth and throat infection, being the most worrying.
Tough old lady that she is, she got through and is now back home, walking with a frame and getting back to normal. Whether she would have suffered the same post COVID problems, had she not been knocked back by her broken hip, we don’t know.
The virus is certainly causing strange post infection effects in many people. My sister, formerly an ICU nurse and her partner, an ex GP, have taken the pandemic really seriously and for them, their vaccinations couldn’t have come sooner. The virus impacts in such an unpredictable way that people, of any age, should not take it lightly. It remains detectable, in tiny amounts, for 90 days in people infected and can obviously cause problems for some, well after their 10 or 14 day self isolation.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Covid conspiracy theories & related arguments removed from thread.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

Vorpal wrote:Covid conspiracy theories & related arguments removed from thread.

Can you explain how a government heat map shows Elderly bore the brunt of deaths and NHS recorded death by age showing elderly the majority of deaths = a conspiracy.
Sure NHS links and Government links are not conspiracy theories recording actual deaths, neither would Sage documents statement Public Need Feel Threatened.

My point being that the vast majority dying are Elderly backed by Government Data
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Got Covid?
Not sure at all.
We were given a pack of Lateral Flow test kits a few days ago. Mrs Mick F had a go with it, and showed negative.

I haven't been well this past week, cold/flu symptoms which are very familiar to me as I suffer two or three times a year, and this morning was badgered into trying a test for myself ............. and am positive! :shock:

Symptoms:
Tired and lethargic
Lack of taste - food seems bland, or sometimes salty

That's all.

Double vaccinated, since 1st May.

Went for a PCR test in a walk-though centre this afternoon as a confirmation as I don't actually believe I have Covid. Need to wait 24/36 hours for the lab result.
Meanwhile, I've alerted the Covid App .............. but never been pinged by any of the people I've been in contact with ....................... I've been nowhere in the last fortnight other than dog walking and calling in at the Rising Sun.

Goodness knows where I picked it up as when I've been in the pub, there's only been the few of us regulars. Four or five max, and I know them all very well and have done for donkey's years.

Since getting home, we both did a lateral flow test again.
I'm still showing positive, and she still negative.
Here's the two tests. Me on the right, and her on the left.
IMG_0686.jpg
Mick F. Cornwall
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Mick F wrote: 6 Aug 2021, 3:43pm ....
Goodness knows where I picked it up as when I've been in the pub, there's only been the few of us regulars. Four or five max, and I know them all very well and have done for donkey's years......
Knowing somebody for years does not protect you from catching Covid from them. Similarly, with regards catching Covid, numbers in pub are irrelevant if you are sitting next to an infectious person - it only needs one infectious person ...

Ian
DevonDamo

Post by DevonDamo »

Mick F wrote: 6 Aug 2021, 3:43pmGoodness knows where I picked it up
I can help there - you picked it up in The Rising Sun. Those friends of yours have obviously been tricking you all these years and are, in fact, the sort of unreliable types who're capable of harbouring bugs and nasties.

Glad to hear the vaccine seems to be doing its job and hope/trust you don't get much more than your current cold symptoms.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

:lol:
Unreliable types?
You are joking of course.

Could have been Friday evening, when there were a few people in there we don't know.
No symptoms at all until late Monday, and even now there's not much.

Had we not been given this box of lateral flow test-kits, we would know nothing, and I wouldn't have even considered anything Covid-wise or ever suspected it.
Mick F. Cornwall
borisface

Post by borisface »

Sorry to hear about your positive, let's hope the fact that you have been double vaccinated will mean that you'll soon shrug it off.

In my part of the world, sunny Portugal, our local old folks home did their regular LFT testing on Wednesday and found 127 positives out of the 147 tested: 105 residents and 22 volunteers/staff, subsequently confirmed by PCR tests. All of those effected fully vaccinated mostly with Pfizer.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I'm sure I'll be fine.
No symptoms other than cold symptoms, and I'm used to those.
Asthmatic, and have all sorts of issues with breathing and stuff, so nothing new at all.
Doesn't, and has never, impinged on my active life ............ and cycling. :D

I haven't been pinged by the Covid App.
Mrs Mick F phoned the landlord of the Rising Sun this afternoon to put him in the picture.
He hasn't been pinged, nor have anyone who goes in there either.

I've reported my lateral flow tests to the app, and landlord expects he'll get pinged now, but up until this moment. I'm an isolated mystery case.

Honestly, been nowhere for a fortnight (or more?) other than walking the dog and calling in at the pub for two beers on my way home ......... or out cycling.

Mystery to me.
Mick F. Cornwall
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

foxyrider wrote: 10 Feb 2021, 3:05pmdid suffer with 'temporary' deafness
My cousin's granddaughter has been left permanently deaf, and was paralysed as well for a while. I don't know her personally, but she's the only case even remotely close that I've heard of so far.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
DevonDamo

Post by DevonDamo »

Mick F wrote: 6 Aug 2021, 5:02pmMystery to me.
Yes, I was joking about your unreliable friends earlier. There's no mystery here - this is a good example of exactly why Covid19 is the problem that it is: not so much its severity but the longish period of symptom-free infectiousness. By the time people realise someone in their social circle has gone down with symptoms, the cross-infection has already happened. In your case, with asthma etc., you owe Mr Pfizer or Mrs. AstraZeneca a pint.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Mick F wrote: 6 Aug 2021, 5:02pm .....
Honestly, been nowhere for a fortnight (or more?) other than walking the dog and calling in at the pub for two beers on my way home ......... or out cycling.

Mystery to me.
One moment you are saying "been nowhere" and then saying "calling in at pub for beers" - even in the same sentence! So you have been somewhere - the pub and with others present!

Ian
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Are there tests for cognitive dissonance?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Honestly, been nowhere other than walking the lanes and the river bank. Rarely see anyone. Quiet and peaceful here! :D

Tend to call in at the pub shortly after they open at noon. Often the only person in there for half an hour, then one or two - or three - "noon regulars" arrive. Older than me (mid 70s), and I've known them all for decades.

Called in there for an hour on Friday evening, and there were some people in there I didn't know.

Had we not been given the box of Flow Tests, we wouldn't have even thought about having any test at all.
No symptoms to write home about, so why would we even suspect it?

All seems very pointless to me.
Mick F. Cornwall