Got Covid ! My experience...

Psamathe

Re: Got Covid ! My experience...

Post by Psamathe »

Mick F wrote: 6 Aug 2021, 6:26pm Honestly, been nowhere other than walking the lanes and the river bank. Rarely see anyone. Quiet and peaceful here! :D

Tend to call in at the pub shortly after they open at noon. Often the only person in there for half an hour, then one or two - or three - "noon regulars" arrive. Older than me (mid 70s), and I've known them all for decades.
Older people (mid-70s) can catch and spread Covid, even in a pub. You seem to keep saying "been nowhere" and then "call in at the pub". You can catch Covid in a pub even from people you've known for decades.

Ian
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Yes, obviously.
Blindingly obvious.

Do they know?
That is the question.
Who else has it?

Who else would care?
That is another question too.

I say again, we were given a box of lateral flow test kits.
We tried them out.
Mrs Mick F shows as negative twice ............ she lives here and shares an intimate relationship with me.
I show up as positive twice.

Had we not been given the box of tests, we wouldn't know if we were positive or negative or otherwise.
There, but for the grace of God, go everyone else.

Here's an idea .............
Everyone anywhere is given a LF test two or three times a week irrespective of age/gender/symptoms/double-jabbed.
Having tested, I'm wise.
Had I not tested, I would be ignorant.
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

PS:
Only symptom as of now, is a lack of tasting stuff.

I can tell the difference between beer and wine, so it matters not a lot! :wink:
Mick F. Cornwall
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

.... Here's an idea .............
Everyone anywhere is given a LF test two or three times a week irrespective of age/gender/symptoms/double-jabbed. ....
Another idea would be for everybody with any of the well-publicised symptoms to get a test and then act accordingly.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Well publicised?
It depends on what you mean.

There are three symptoms.
Any, or all?
Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 19.33.11.png
I have none of those, other than a change of taste, which happens on and off over the months with me anyway.
It's all normal to me taste-wise.

Nothing unusual at all.
Mick F. Cornwall
pq

Post by pq »

I probably had it right back at the start in March 2020 but there were no tests available then so I can't be sure. Doc thought it was though. It absolutely floored me, to the extent that I wasn't really aware of time passing. That element of it was a good thing becasue it seemed to pass quite quickly, but my other half was worried about me and said I wouldn't have eaten if she hadn't shovelled it down me. I only really realised how bad I'd been when I recovered and she told me what I'd been like. I had various symptoms of little consequence, the main issue was being bedridden and unable to do anything much for myself. I was 54 at the time with no health issues. Fortunately I had no long lasting symptoms and was back to normal after around 3 weeks.
One link to your website is enough. G
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Mick F wrote: 6 Aug 2021, 7:36pm Well publicised?
It depends on what you mean.

There are three symptoms.
Any, or all?

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 19.33.11.png

I have none of those, other than a change of taste, which happens on and off over the months with me anyway.
It's all normal to me taste-wise.

Nothing unusual at all.
Mick F wrote: 6 Aug 2021, 3:43pmI haven't been well this past week, cold/flu symptoms which are very familiar to me as I suffer two or three times a year, and this morning was badgered into trying a test for myself ............. and am positive! :shock:

Symptoms:
Tired and lethargic
Lack of taste - food seems bland, or sometimes salty
What were the symptoms of "cold/flu"?

Jonathan
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

I hope that you recover quickly and fully.

Jonathan
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Thanks.

I keep a diary, so I can be accurate in what I say.

Symptoms .........

Over the weekend I felt normal, but on Sunday 1st August evening I felt not as well as normal ......... whatever that is, and I'm only looking back and analysing ..................... Monday morning 2nd August came and I went out into the garden dong some heavy work, but came in after and hour or two to aching and tired. I put it down to age. :wink:
Took the dog for a walk and had a couple of beers.
Honestly, two.
When I arrive, I pay for two up front. Always the same, and the staff know and expect it.

Come Monday evening, I went to bed at soon after 7pm. Tired.
Slept on an off until 5am and up as usual early. Often up and having a pot of tea by 05:30 and listening to R4. No difference to normal, but not feeling too chipper.

Tuesday came. Did a bit more outside, and repeated the dog walk and the beers.
Bed very early.

Wednesday, I drove Mrs Mick F to the next village for stuff and she collected a key for a lockup unit. We put stuff into it, and then came home. Other than putting stuff into the unit, I never got out of the car or met any-one.
Dog walk later but for a longer walk as Mrs Mick F dropped us off. Still down to the pub for a couple of beers, and then home.
She met a friend who gave her box of lateral flow test kits.

Bed very early again.

Thursday, I drove up to the railway station to drop Mrs Mick F for trip to Plymouth. I carried on to buy petrol and then drove home. Picked her up at 3pm and went for a beer and then home. Meanwhile she called in at another pub to do with fund raising and raffle stuff.
She had a go at the lateral flow test. She returned negative.

Bed at 9pm.

Friday, today.
Not done much.
She did another test, so I did one too.
She still negative, and me positive.
I saw red! :shock: and found I could get a PCR test in Liskeard, so drove straight out there and had one. 24/36hr for a result.
Came home, and we did a LF test again.
She negative, me still positive.

Meanwhile, I've alerted the Covid app. Anyone who had been near my mobile phone in the last few days will get pinged.
Isn't it strange that Mrs Mick F hasn't been pinged?
Who else isn't/won't be pinged?
How long do these alerts take?
Mick F. Cornwall
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Mick F wrote: 6 Aug 2021, 8:28pmI keep a diary, so I can be accurate in what I say.

Symptoms .........
I don't see the "cold/flu" or the "change in taste" in that.

Jonathan
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

Blimey!!
In darkest Cornwall too.
Hope you feel full chipper again soon.

I suppose one should be glad it's not Bovine TB! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Jdsk wrote: 6 Aug 2021, 8:32pm
Mick F wrote: 6 Aug 2021, 8:28pmI keep a diary, so I can be accurate in what I say.

Symptoms .........

Jonathan
Sorry, not with you.

I have suffered with cold/flu like symptoms for more years than I care to remember. Probably since 2000odd.
Every autumn I have a cold. Often in the summer if it's damp too. Some of these have turned into bronchitis and once I had pneumonia.

Had chest xrays, been on steroids, antibiotics, strong painkillers, extra inhalers ......... plus had ear infections ............ the list is endless and ongoing.

It was only last winter that I realised I'd been well throughout. I've lost count of all the Christmases I'd lost by being ill.
So it wasn't a surprise when I felt under the weather on Monday.

Fine now, and back to normal .......... whatever that is. :?
I'll try another LF test tomorrow morning. I don't think my nose and my tonsils can cope with another poking this evening.
Mick F. Cornwall
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Do you know why Mrs MickF was given the box of test kits? Was there a reason for your being badgered into using one?
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Mick F wrote: 6 Aug 2021, 8:46pm
Jdsk wrote: 6 Aug 2021, 8:32pm

Symptoms .........
Sorry, not with you.
Those were the symptoms that you mentioned in previous posts, but they're not in your diary of symptoms.

Did you recently have a temperature, a cough, or any other respiratory symptoms?

Jonathan
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

PDQ Mobile wrote: 6 Aug 2021, 8:35pm Blimey!!
In darkest Cornwall too.
Hope you feel full chipper again soon.

I suppose one should be glad it's not Bovine TB! :shock: :shock: :shock:
:lol: :lol: As the Beatles sang ...........

I Feel Fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrAV5EVI4tU

Note Ringo on the bike. :wink:
Mick F. Cornwall