Got Covid ! My experience...

Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Got Covid ! My experience...

Post by Mick F »

thirdcrank wrote: 6 Aug 2021, 8:49pm Do you know why Mrs MickF was given the box of test kits? Was there a reason for your being badgered into using one?
One question at a time.

Long story, but a friend works at a care home. She and Mrs Mick F are long-standing mates.
Friend had a box spare as they get through loads of them where she works and gave us one.

Mrs Mick F tried one out with me reading the instructions.
She returned a negative result.
Box put back on the shelf.

I felt that I should have a go too. No pressure, but considered it a good idea. I know I sad "badgered" but that was me rather than anyone.
So after breakfast this morning, we both did it.
She neg, me pos.
Jdsk wrote: 6 Aug 2021, 8:51pm Did you recently have a temperature, a cough, or any other respiratory symptoms?
Cough?
No, no more than normal.
Temperature?
I'm fine. No idea about temp as we don't own a thermometer.
Respiratory symptoms?
I'm asthmatic. It take preventative inhalators every day, and salbutamol as and when if required.
Mick F. Cornwall
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Mick F wrote: 6 Aug 2021, 9:11pm
Jdsk wrote: 6 Aug 2021, 8:51pm Did you recently have a temperature, a cough, or any other respiratory symptoms?
Cough?
No, nor more than normal.
Temperature?
I'm fine. No idea about temp as we don't own the thermometer.
Respiratory symptoms?
I'm asthmatic. It take preventative inhalators every day, and salbutamol and when if required.
You mentioned having symptoms of "cold/flu". What were they?

Jonathan
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

.... No pressure, but considered it a good idea. ....
I seem to have misunderstood your reference to being "badgered."
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

TC.
Badgered, referred to me feeling like I had to do it, rather than anyone actually doing the badgering against my will.

--------------------------------------

Johnathan.
Colds/flu .............
It's difficult to say, as they are normal to me.

If you are asthmatic, you may understand. If not, I'm going to have trouble.

Trying here .........

Stressed breathing
Aching chest
Tight windpipe
Shallow breathing
On the verge of coughing

On top of that "normality" I was over-tired, aching shoulders and back, and had a lack a get-up-and-go .......... and not feeing that I could manage a decent bike ride.

It was this last sentence that suggested that I wasn't well.
So what's new?
Covid?
Never really entered my head.
Mick F. Cornwall
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Thanks

Jonathan
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

Covid death rate is up 35% compared to last Friday.
Continued exposure to wood smoke has been proven to cause lung problems.
Stay safe mick f.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

We lit the fire yesterday ........... or at least I did.
Loadsa hot water now, but the fire isn't likely to be lit again for a few days.

Wood smoke goes up the chimney, so it's everybody else in the valley with lung problems.
Talking of which ............. the Tamar Valley is historically a mining area with men underground and the women and girls at the top running the refining and stuff.

Bal Maidens.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bal_maiden

Gunnislake village mural
I know all those three people depicted here.
Guess which one is Mrs Mick F. :D
IMG_0166.jpg
Mick F. Cornwall
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Mick F wrote: 6 Aug 2021, 10:01pm .....
Wood smoke goes up the chimney, so it's everybody else in the valley with lung problems.
Article you might find interesting
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/dec/18/wood-burners-triple-harmful-indoor-air-pollution-study-finds wrote:Wood burners triple harmful indoor air pollution, study finds
Burners should be sold with health warnings, say scientists who found tiny particles flooding into rooms

Wood burners triple the level of harmful pollution particles inside homes and should be sold with a health warning, scientists have warned, and they advise people not to use them around elderly people or children.

The tiny particles “flood” into the room when the burner doors are opened for refuelling, their study showed. Furthermore, people who load wood in twice or more during an evening suffer pollution spikes two to four times higher than those who refuel just once or not at all.
Higher outdoor air pollution and cooking fumes were ruled out as causes of the indoor peaks. The particles are the most harmful pollutants in wood smoke, but it also contains carcinogenic chemicals including benzene and formaldehyde.
Ian
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

^^
Which just goes to show that if Covid don't get ya;
death by being sustainable will. :shock:
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Mick F wrote: 6 Aug 2021, 8:28pm Thanks.

I keep a diary, so I can be accurate in what I say.

Symptoms .........

Over the weekend I felt normal, but on Sunday 1st August evening I felt not as well as normal ......... whatever that is, and I'm only looking back and analysing ..................... Monday morning 2nd August came and I went out into the garden dong some heavy work, but came in after and hour or two to aching and tired. I put it down to age. :wink:
Took the dog for a walk and had a couple of beers.
Honestly, two.
When I arrive, I pay for two up front. Always the same, and the staff know and expect it.

Come Monday evening, I went to bed at soon after 7pm. Tired.
Slept on an off until 5am and up as usual early. Often up and having a pot of tea by 05:30 and listening to R4. No difference to normal, but not feeling too chipper.

Tuesday came. Did a bit more outside, and repeated the dog walk and the beers.
Bed very early.

Wednesday, I drove Mrs Mick F to the next village for stuff and she collected a key for a lockup unit. We put stuff into it, and then came home. Other than putting stuff into the unit, I never got out of the car or met any-one.
Dog walk later but for a longer walk as Mrs Mick F dropped us off. Still down to the pub for a couple of beers, and then home.
She met a friend who gave her box of lateral flow test kits.

Bed very early again.

Thursday, I drove up to the railway station to drop Mrs Mick F for trip to Plymouth. I carried on to buy petrol and then drove home. Picked her up at 3pm and went for a beer and then home. Meanwhile she called in at another pub to do with fund raising and raffle stuff.
She had a go at the lateral flow test. She returned negative.

Bed at 9pm.

Friday, today.
Not done much.
She did another test, so I did one too.
She still negative, and me positive.
I saw red! :shock: and found I could get a PCR test in Liskeard, so drove straight out there and had one. 24/36hr for a result.
Came home, and we did a LF test again.
She negative, me still positive.

Meanwhile, I've alerted the Covid app. Anyone who had been near my mobile phone in the last few days will get pinged.
Isn't it strange that Mrs Mick F hasn't been pinged?
Who else isn't/won't be pinged?
How long do these alerts take?
Send Mrs F for a PCR test.
I am here. Where are you?
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Good luck with a rapid return to normal - hopefully, being double-jabbed already has mitigated the effect of the virus on you and the fact that you are presumably now self-isolating will help protect others.

Get well soon!
rjb

Post by rjb »

How is Sailor, could he have passed it on to you. Can you give him a lateral flow test. ?
Hope you are not too badly affected and can keep it to yourself without infecting Swmbo.
All the best.
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

.... Send Mrs F for a PCR test. ....
:?:

I think the loyal Mrs F is worthy of a special mention just now as she must be having a worrying time. Gold Medal or rather Golden Anniversary coming up in a couple of years and as my wife of 54 years has been known to remark "You wouldn't get half that for killing somebody."

viewtopic.php?p=79119#p79119
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Hi guys.
Has everything calmed down yet? :wink:

Mrs Mick F went for a PCR test and is waiting for the results. Tomorrow maybe.

Here's where the rules go awry somewhat.
Have a test that's negative, and with no symptoms, but you live with someone who has tested positive.

My isolation started from when I told them my symptom started ........ or when I first noticed it ........... which was at the latest Monday 2nd August. Could easily have been Sunday 1st or even the day before. As I say, I'm up and down health-wise due to asthma so it's a bit hazy when it was. I picked Monday 2nd.
Therefore, my isolation ends on Thursday 12th.

Mrs Mick F on the other hand, has to isolate from the date I was tested positive, so her isolation ends four days after mine!

She is hyper angry about all this. She was due to take the train to Barnstaple on Tuesday next week to go on holiday Up North with our daughter and grandson for a week.

She's been on the blower and texting and spreading the word about with the locals. The jungle drums are audible all over the valley! :D

As for Sailor the dog, he'll be ok as although you are allowed to go outside but not leave your property, we have nearly three acres out there to patrol. We're lucky. Some people don't even have a garden.
Mick F. Cornwall
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Mick F wrote: 7 Aug 2021, 3:20pm
Mrs Mick F on the other hand, has to isolate from the date I was tested positive, so her isolation ends four days after mine!
So was that the PCR result or still the LFT you mean?
I am here. Where are you?