Bontrager Duo Trap and Turbo Trainers

Rich_UK

Bontrager Duo Trap and Turbo Trainers

Post by Rich_UK »

Hi all.

I’ve owned a Trek Madone 4.5 since 2011 (ish). I’ve recently got back into cycling and in a bid to improve fitness and I’ve also bought a turbo trainer for those days when I either don’t get the time to go out on a long ride or the weather is a bit trickier.

I’ve tried researching this and it seems possible but thought I’d double check.

If I purchase the duo trap sensor which I understand measures speed and cadence can it also measure ‘distance’ cycled, if combined it with a cycle computer/app?

I know technically my distance traveled will be zero as the bike isn’t moving. The way I look at it is if one rotation of the wheel results in 1 metre outdoors (as an example) then that same 1 metre applies from one rotation on the trainer.

This is more just to give myself goals to meet, for example ‘this week I’d like to do a total of 100 miles’

Or is there a better alternative to the duo trap?

Thanks all,
Rich

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels
JohnI

Re: Bontrager Duo Trap and Turbo Trainers

Post by JohnI »

Yes, it should work. I bought a Garmin speed sensor in the Autumn for the same reason. You might need to check how to enter the wheel size into the cycle computer or app.
Rich_UK

Re: Bontrager Duo Trap and Turbo Trainers

Post by Rich_UK »

Many thanks John....I’ll look into it more.

Rich

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels