Cycling in Ketosis

mattheus

Re: Cycling in Ketosis

Post by mattheus »

MelW wrote: 9 Sep 2021, 6:05pm
This is my first post here ...
And what a cracker! Nice to hear you've had such a postive change, mainly from doing "simple" things. In a world of complex science and nutrition advice flying around willy-nilly.
LeBikiekat

Post by LeBikiekat »

Hi
How are you - I will try to reply as I can..
Than by other means of ATP production (using carbs) .
Where (source) - any textbook I read 140 ATP with beta oxidation, from saturated fat
But I also mentioned in theory and mentioned if other pathways are in order ( fat utilisaiton and reabsorption, bile ducts working properly, which most people will not be able to know from correlation to externally visible differences..that always having maybe large margins of errors)
Source of estrogen re cycling - Dr Neal Barnard (Utube - How foods affect hormones)

No worries hope this is useful
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Jdsk wrote: 9 Sep 2021, 6:20pm
LeBikiekat wrote: 3 Sep 2021, 7:01pmThe energy provided from beta-oxidation does yield a considerably higher amount of ATP (I think off the top of my head you can have 140 molecues of ATP) but the time it takes to go through is way longer and is effort dependant.
Considerably higher amount of ATP than what?

The number of molecules of ATP per what? With beta oxidation that's totally dependent on the chain length of the fat being metabolised.
LeBikiekat wrote: 5 Oct 2021, 5:04pmWhere (source) - any textbook I read 140 ATP with beta oxidation, from saturated fat
This only means that some fats have long chains. It doesn't mean that there is any benefit in oxidising them rather than anything else.

Jonathan
LeBikiekat

Post by LeBikiekat »

Actually, there is a host of cyclists and research on fat adaptation.

As I am not biased about any energy system benefits a person might like I look at all approaches neutrally so as to let a person be in a position of empowerment to make the sensible choices they wish without bias.