They are a bit pretentious.
33%

Total votes: 33

Hellhound

Hot Tubs,yes?no?Poll added!

Post by Hellhound »

Hot tubs.
Why?
I personally don't get it or see the attraction of sitting in warm bubbly water with half a dozen others drinking Prossecco or whatever is in fashion these days.
It seems holiday lets use them as an added attraction and charge ££££s extra for the privilege :oops:

Are there any benefits other than point scoring with your neighbours?

You may vote in 2 of the options.
Bonefishblues

Re: Hot Tubs,yes?no?Poll added!

Post by Bonefishblues »

I think they are anything but pretentious. I believe the phrase is rather 'council' :lol:

...although if strictly for our own use and if wood-fired (because fire and boilers must be good, yes?) then I might be tempted.

https://www.stovesareus.co.uk/kirami-or ... EkEALw_wcB
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Seems to be one of these things we didn’t know we needed but now every holiday cottage and suburban garden has to have one.

I am not sure what is sociable about them.
John
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Oldjohnw wrote: 24 May 2021, 10:50am Seems to be one of these things we didn’t know we needed but now every holiday cottage and suburban garden has to have one.

I goes with the 16ft trampoline :D
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Bonefishblues wrote: 24 May 2021, 10:57am
Oldjohnw wrote: 24 May 2021, 10:50am Seems to be one of these things we didn’t know we needed but now every holiday cottage and suburban garden has to have one.

I goes with the 16ft trampoline :D
That’s the one. How did you know?
😀
John
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

I've been quite surprised about how much energy they use. My neighbours have one (against my outside house wall next to my bedroom) and it starts-up every hour day and night for a few minutes then quietens down a but for the next 10'ish mins. I can't remember the cost but my neighbours told me once and I was shocked. In winter their cat often spends time sleeping on top of it I assume as it's warmer than some sheltered sun-trap.

Ian
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Never had a hot tub before so I am quite looking forward to the one we are inheriting although not looking forward to the electricity bill. I have found a hot tub very relaxing in the past. Not sure they are compatible with British weather.

Al
40448_TAU200633_IMG_16_0000.jpeg
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

We are involved in occasional works to site a hot tub, can't see the attraction of a communal bath in the garden, has same attraction as a privy in winter.

Wouldn't share bath water with family, let alone associates.

Vile habits for nouveau riche chav's

https://www.livescience.com/62841-hot-t ... uries.html
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Have you seen the skin infections people get out of supposedly clean tubs?
I’ve seen the suffering you wouldn’t get me in one for love nor money.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

Paulatic wrote: 24 May 2021, 3:56pm Have you seen the skin infections people get out of supposedly clean tubs?
I’ve seen the suffering you wouldn’t get me in one for love nor money.
Like acne puss filled spots.
fashionable fad in my opinion, kind of OK with your partner at a push, your mates all in it - vile as I wouldn't use a neighbours bath water and would clean down a bath if I had to use it.

Then again I don't swim in sewage filled sea either :lol: plenty do and some have caught a nasty dose
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

I believe you are supposed to add a chemical to the hot tub water so there is little risk of infection. We are all too clean anyway hence the modern curses of skin infections and asthma etc.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

al_yrpal wrote: 24 May 2021, 4:17pm I believe you are supposed to add a chemical to the hot tub water so there is little risk of infection. We are all too clean anyway hence the modern curses of skin infections and asthma etc.

Al
My point being couple who are in a relationship is one thing, inviting xyz round even with a shower before and after- like public swimming pools and urine- nasty.

Then I won't be getting in a hot tub EVER
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Add chemicals . The last thing I’d want to do. A bit like chlorinated chicken.
John
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Infections from hot tubs do occur, but they're nearly all preventable by following the instructions.

The hygiene hypothesis might be part of the explanation of the increased incidence of asthma. I don't know of any evidence that the putative mechanism would lead to skin infections or to any other infections.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hygiene_hypothesis

Jonathan
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

I wonder how often these caravan sites and holiday cottages drain and refill?
Or is it like swimming pool water?
We see people sat in them for hours on end getting drunk with their mates on the Holiday site we have a Mobile home on.We had the option of a HT when we purchased the unit to the tune of an extra £4.5k :shock: