Use one for medical reasons.
3%
They are a bit pretentious.
33%

Total votes: 33

ClappedOut

Re: Hot Tubs,yes?no?Poll added!

Post by ClappedOut »

Hellhound wrote: 24 May 2021, 5:41pm I wonder how often these caravan sites and holiday cottages drain and refill?
Or is it like swimming pool water?
We see people sat in them for hours on end getting drunk with their mates on the Holiday site we have a Mobile home on.We had the option of a HT when we purchased the unit to the tune of an extra £4.5k :shock:
That is cheap, motorised canopy for one this year 3.5k :shock: 3.5 tons of water and a cooker feed supply.
Looked inside and expected galvanised frame, no it’s CLS softwood painted black. :roll: Believe it is a 7 seater and north of 6k plus canopy

Chavy horrid things -left behind when people sell the house.

Rotospa rentals popular too.

:lol:
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/11821 ... oea-boils/

Mmm NO

Gram of fecal matter each :lol: dip in the sea anyone lol
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

al_yrpal wrote: 24 May 2021, 2:58pm Never had a hot tub before so I am quite looking forward to the one we are inheriting although not looking forward to the electricity bill. I have found a hot tub very relaxing in the past. Not sure they are compatible with British weather.

Al
You think they are "compatible" with what we need to do to reduse climate change?

Ian
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

Psamathe wrote: 24 May 2021, 7:34pm
al_yrpal wrote: 24 May 2021, 2:58pm Never had a hot tub before so I am quite looking forward to the one we are inheriting although not looking forward to the electricity bill. I have found a hot tub very relaxing in the past. Not sure they are compatible with British weather.

Al
You think they are "compatible" with what we need to do to reduse climate change?

Ian
Depends if it is on renewable or lol low carbon electricity tariff lol
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

ClappedOut wrote: 24 May 2021, 11:05pm

Al

Ian
We have limited "renewables" available. I'd rather those renewables be used replacing carbon based generation charging a car or running a cooker or something than keeping a large tub of water hot 24/7 for occasional use.

Ian
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

Psamathe wrote: 24 May 2021, 11:26pm

Ian
We have limited "renewables" available. I'd rather those renewables be used replacing carbon based generation charging a car or running a cooker or something than keeping a large tub of water hot 24/7 for occasional use.

Ian
Admirable, but industry uses energy in vast amounts, people still want package holidays etc.

EV are not environmentally friendly as they use vast resources to make, novelty v old cars or hybrids.

Anyway Full EV a pipedream as grid won't support it in current state on mass
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

ClappedOut wrote: 25 May 2021, 12:33am

Ian
Admirable, but industry uses energy in vast amounts, people still want package holidays etc.

EV are not environmentally friendly as they use vast resources to make, novelty v old cars or hybrids.

So answer is to "do nothing"? - keep wasting energy like there is no tomorrow (ensuring there will be"no tomorrow")?

Ian
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

Psamathe wrote: 25 May 2021, 10:30am
ClappedOut wrote: 25 May 2021, 12:33am

Ian

So answer is to "do nothing"? - keep wasting energy like there is no tomorrow (ensuring there will be"no tomorrow")?

Ian
There will always be tomorrow as continents became as mass extinctions happened etc, previous generations lived with vile smogs, dangerous working conditions and adulterated food.

If the house has solar then quite possibly it will offset the use, if the tariff is renewable then again it is net neutral.

The use by industry and transmission losses are huge, nuclear power stations could provide district heating and industrial heat- it’s wasted.

Nuclear dry storage casks emit 25kw heat similar to domestic heating systems which is wasted to atmosphere.

Living in a cave completely impractical and people like Greta only get air time as funded by an agenda.

Green is the new tax, another 40-50 years I will be gone, like victorians I don’t care unless it’s diesel or milk in a river- environment agency are merely tax collectors
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Oldjohnw wrote: 24 May 2021, 5:19pm Add chemicals . The last thing I’d want to do. A bit like chlorinated chicken.
...or chorinated swimming pools? Next time you are eating chlorinated EU fruit and veg have a think about what you are putting in your body. Doh! :lol:

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

al_yrpal wrote: 25 May 2021, 10:45am
Oldjohnw wrote: 24 May 2021, 5:19pm Add chemicals . The last thing I’d want to do. A bit like chlorinated chicken.
...or chorinated swimming pools? Next time you are eating chlorinated EU fruit and veg have a think about what you are putting in your body. Doh!
The concern about harm to human health from "chlorinated chicken" isn't the consumption of chlorine, it's the association with poor hygiene standards earlier in the process.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poultry_f ... ed_chicken
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47440562

Jonathan
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

That's a really poor article: it does list known hazards but it doesn't give any estimate of how important they are, for example the number of people affected each year in the UK. Without that it's basically a scare story.

Jonathan
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

Jdsk wrote: 25 May 2021, 10:57am
That's a really poor article: it does list known hazards but it doesn't give any estimate of how important they are, for example the number of people affected each year in the UK. Without that it's basically a scare story.

Jonathan
Try the Centre For Disease Control articles

Either way communal feces bath 😂 so fashionable
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

From the safety point of view it would be wise to distinguish between hot tubs and swimming pools. Water safety should be part of any national curriculum, and for many children that's going to involve communal swimming pools.

A few hundred people die each year in the UK from accidental drowning:
https://www.nationalwatersafety.org.uk/ ... published/

Jonathan
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

ClappedOut wrote: 25 May 2021, 10:59am
Jdsk wrote: 25 May 2021, 10:57am
Try the Centre For Disease Control articles
The other articles made some attempt to give numbers... which is why I didn't criticise them.

Jonathan