Large portions, maybe a time to change

Govnor

Large portions, maybe a time to change

Post by Govnor »

Before the Covid the Doctors said about a health check or MOT like.
Now as my old man expired before his time, beginning to think the clock ticking.

Now Salad a garnish in this house, if it's veg it's tatties and neeps, salad is the garnish in a burger with those gross green pickles pulled out.

Tried a kebab with salad, found it a bit overwhelming.

Now it isn't going to happen overnight, but steak and a jacket with peppercorn sauce could be acceptable.

Jackets with coronation chicken another possibility.

Really a carvery man, this salad business a bit new as everything out of s frier as a child.

What's the take on a carbonara that didn't look too bad.

Already missing the curry night and fish and chips.

Just thinking maybe time to consider our options.

Buying less food and the American fridge looks bare.

Started drinking water instead of tea and 4 sugars.
mumbojumbo

Re: Large portions, maybe a time to change

Post by mumbojumbo »

You are better eating large portions then you will have no room for spotted dick, ice cream and tiramisu. If you ride a bit then the weight will drop off. Have a word with your husband and insist he gives you less each night until you reach your target.
Darkman

Post by Darkman »

<deleted>
Last edited by Darkman on 12 Jul 2021, 5:09pm, edited 1 time in total.
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

The totally brilliant thing about food is that there are almost endless possibilities and combinations. In the end, when the Great Judge Above do come down and write our biography, they will point out, with some justification, that the most well-off folk who lived in the 2 or 3 decades centering around the second millenium enjoyed an absolutley fantastic choice of ingredients and recipes from right across the world!! You've only got to watch Anthony Bourdain (may the good lord above rest his soul) in his dozens & dozens of telly programmes on all sorts of foods from everywhere you can imagine to see what I mean.
Nowadays, you can literally eat anything you want - and so it follows that a diet that is both varied, tasty and good-for-you is just one tiny flicker of the brain away from your plate. Make the most of it - this state of affairs will not last for ever...
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

I recommend reading some previous threads before responding:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=146340

search.php?author_id=55648&sr=posts

Jonathan
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Govnor wrote: 6 Jun 2021, 10:53pm Before the Covid the Doctors said about a health check or MOT like.
Now as my old man expired before his time, beginning to think the clock ticking.
Are you seeking advice on your diet?

Thanks

Jonathan
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

The only diet that works, is eat less and do more.
Mick F. Cornwall
Syd

Post by Syd »

Mick F wrote:The only diet that works, is eat less and do more.
Eat less OR do more also works though more slowly.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Nothing I like more than a good veggy stir fry. About to put one on the pan right now before the Footy starts.
I am here. Where are you?
Darkman

Post by Darkman »

Jdsk wrote: 11 Jul 2021, 12:53pm I recommend reading some previous threads before responding:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=146340

search.php?author_id=55648&sr=posts

Jonathan
Yeah, in hindsight it does appear that my reply was largely a waste of effort.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Mick F wrote: 11 Jul 2021, 1:59pm The only diet that works, is eat less and do more.
That's assuming that your only requirement for the diet is to lose weight, which is a pretty limited requirement.

A diet should be balanced - just eating a smaller quantity doesn't make a junk food diet healthy.

Of course there may be other factors that need to be brought into play in terms of diet as well, there are various foodstuffs I can't eat if I want to stay anywhere close to healthy.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.