Keeled over walking dog

GayUnicorn

Keeled over walking dog

Post by GayUnicorn »

took the dog for a walk,

Generally thinking about life, household bills and next thing, weak knees, pulse racing
and on the floor- presumably passed out.

Lasting thought was life a bit beige at moment, but not massive concerns, weak knees and had hot sweet tea

Oximeter now

Heart beats 45 and O2 98% is this a suitable range and going to have blood pressure check tomorrow from a friends device.

Tried the doctors a few weeks back and wouldn't see anyone, so didn't bother phoning them.

Any advice as thinking a panic attack.
Cowsham

Re: Keeled over walking dog

Post by Cowsham »

Pain of the broken ribs woke me up -- think I over done it on the bike today trying to expand the lungs more
-- saw your post -

Maybe just nothing - your O2 is great pulse a bit on the low side unless your normally that low.

Could be something simple like low blood pressure but that could have an underlying cause. I'd get it checked out.
I am here. Where are you?
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

I used to have low blood pressure such that getting up out of a chair would cause blackouts. Standing up from the toilet was a big risk as was running up stairs. Going for a wee also causes a slight blood pressure drop believe it or not, enough to cause a blackout in me in the past. Glad pressure goes up with age!

If it was a greying out before blackout then perhaps veinal veigle type of pressure drop blackout. Get checked out ASAP. Do not rely on forum GPs only real ones. It could be nothing or not. You probably need to actually see a GP too.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Low BP history is supposedly linked to a fair few medical conditions including dementia. Some health researchers believe it is as dangerous and a cause to as many life altering/ ending conditions as high blood pressure and should be treated with the same level of treatment/ care.

Always get medical advice after blackouts.
pwa

Post by pwa »

Keep calling the surgery until you get a face to face. Chances are that it is something easily treated, but only if you know what it is. PITA trying to see a doctor, but we have to persist.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

I strongly recommend that you seek medical advice: 'phone your general practice, or 111 if you think it necessary.

Jonathan
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Jdsk wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 7:09am I strongly recommend that you seek medical advice: 'phone your general practice, or 111 if you think it necessary.

Jonathan
This. Very much this.
gcogger

Post by gcogger »

A cycling forum is not the place to seek medical help - you should definitely get checked out properly by a doctor.
GayUnicorn

Post by GayUnicorn »

Thank you for replying, wondered if it was
psychogenic blackout looking at Google it seems to be possible panic attack cause.

With regards the blood pressure have arranged to borrow a Lloyds blood pressure monitor from a friend today.

Fully understand that medical advice not available on a cyclinguk forum and wouldn't expect it either-but useful to have an idea of what to ask.

There used to be pharmacy consultations, wonder if this is still possible as the heart beats seem to be on low side.

Thank you
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

I strongly recommend that you seek medical advice: 'phone your general practice, or 111 if you think it necessary.

From what you have told us I would not recommend starting with a pharmacist.

Jonathan
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

You lost consciousness. A Pharmacist will send you straight to your GP, so bypass the former.
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

depends on your doctors surgery but ours has an online service. where you can describe your symptoms. the docotor then determines if you go in or can give you a telephony consultation from the point . might be worth Checking if they have a similar service. I recently did and was rang back with thin the hour' Although target was * working hours.
NUKe

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Low blood pressure means the odds are you probably live longer than the rest of us.
I suffer from high blood pressure I have done for probably over 30 years.
Good side is you can get your blood pressure down with meds, bad side is the side-effects and also the sudden drops in blood pressure when you get up et cetera.
But I've never passed out I hold onto something and close my eyes.
I think if you do suffer from low blood pressure you might be as well to buy yourself blood pressure meter which will be about £20 the Lloyds ones are quality.
I'll check my blood pressure almost every day to make sure it's not going up to much although if it does start to feel ill.
My blood pressure is driven down by exercise, and probably a day later after heavy exercise I can feel quite low.
Even when my blood pressure was running out at 90/50, lightheaded may be but no fainting.
Like others said you need to get it checked out but I think possibly if you've seen your doctor recently or you have no underlying other conditions it's very possible that they will just speak to you.
This is your first place to start for sure that your GP.
You don't say what your ages or if you're on medication?
As far as I know low blood pressure will not be treated? Probably just advice.

Good luck.

P.S.it must be remembered of course that low blood pressure means your brain will not function correctly, so in this respect it is serious if that's what is affecting you.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Syd

Post by Syd »

The Lloyds Pharmacy own branded NIBP monitors are best suited for an individual to trend their blood pressure.

They are not suited for diagnosis.

I too strongly recommend that you seek medical advice by phoning your GP or 111 as you see necessary.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Low blood pressure isn't healthier in any way. Its blood pressure in the healthy range that is healthy outside of that it's cause for concern.

I've been at the low end. It's bad enough having to be careful going up stairs, getting out of chairs or beds quickly or feeling very unsteady after urination. Then when you get a cold or other bug, well you're really starting to have issues. Grey outs and black outs. You have to avoid using machinery and tbh once or twice I've been worried driving a car. Then you have the long term damage, the increased chance of dementia for example but there's so many other life threatening / altering issues too.
I wish I could find the details but it was a TV science strand about it 15+ years ago reporting new research on the topic. I remember one researcher stating that she thought it could end up with research showing that hypotension is more serious for long term health than hypertension! It caught my eye because I had been diagnosed with hypotension about that time.

Then you have less research into it and consequently very little treatment options. Then there's ignorance of the issue and that's often from doctors!!! There's an ideal BP range for a good reason.